Your plans for the Cup Final

Kid Icarus

Your plans for the Cup Final  

275 members have voted

1. 1. It's Cup Final Day. What ya doin? Who's with ya?

• I've informed my mother and I'm going to Wembley
    • I'm going down to London regardless
    • I'm going into town (Newcastle)
    • I'm going to my local/stopping in

Should be able to get a ticket no bother. Anticipating being down there Saturday - Monday. Have booked fuck all though so got some fun/expensive/frustrating hours coming up over the next days trying to work out what to do.

Hope to be there obviously, even without a ticket or much hope of getting one - for instance I'd have gone to the UEFA cup final in 04 regardless - but the conundrum is that if things worked out I'd love to be in Newcastle for that night.

Coming up to Newcastle and bringing my lass, and my mam and dad who took me to my first ever game as a small kid.

I owe them, and I want to show them why I'm an adopted Geordie. 

If anyone is easy going and wants to watch the game with someone like-minded (lots of beer but nee hassle) I'd be happy to meet some of you and buy you a beer.

PM me. Happy to sort out a small group and start early and then make a group decision on a fan park or what not.

Edited by BlazeT44

Guest reefatoon

Just realised we are away that weekend. Some posh grub at Northcote, it’s been booked for months, we never thought of checking the fixtures way back. Just rang them up and they have sky sports in the rooms, so thank god for that. Cup win then some swanky bait sounds like a plan!

Going to get 4 Thai hookers over and let them open my beers and ensure I am thoroughly clean everywhere while I am watching the match in my action man picture pants. 

Maybe a 16 ball and 4 bottles of poppers to add to the excitement.

Or just sit on me sofa with the bairn and lass with a pizza. Yeah, less hassle.

I have a workmate whose son is emigrating very soon. I will try to get him 2 tickets for the final as I won’t be going. Would love him to have a final experience before he leaves.

I’m gonna take the wife and kid (18 months old) for a coffee and stroll around Wembley stadium on the morning of the game. Soak in some early atmosphere all in our NUFC shirts.

Will head over to my mum’s house and watch it together. I’ll be too nervous to be around anyone that doesn’t really get how big the game is for me 

26 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Just realised we are away that weekend. Some posh grub at Northcote, it’s been booked for months, we never thought of checking the fixtures way back. Just rang them up and they have sky sports in the rooms, so thank god for that. Cup win then some swanky bait sounds like a plan!

Think there's a few of us who've learned an important lesson here.

Thought of going down to London or at least going into town, but me fatha cannit travel anymore and I can't bear the thought of him watching it alone. Will be a wreck hiding behind the sofa, and then win or lose I'll probably run off screaming into the night.

5 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Considering booking a hotel and coming up to Newcastle for this. As a complete non-local, how easy will it be to find a pub to watch this in? Is it going to be utterly impossible? 

there's about 800 options so I'm sure you'll be fine :lol:

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

This thread has relaxed me a lot tbh. Was getting some pre-emptive fomo but almost a relief to see a large percentage will be watching at home. 

I feel I have a good chance at a ticket or two, but honestly feel like staying at home with a fair few others and just getting blotto'd in town.

The thought of it just sounds mint.

Mad that we've never had a final since this board has existed. Growing up I saw us lose back to back finals in 98 and 99 and then reach the semis in 00. Who knew we'd make cup competitions look so difficult for the next 23 years...

Based in the South-West, so will be travelling down to London early Sunday morning and staying the night. If there's one of those German fan style marches down in Central London, would love for it to happen and show them what it's all about. 

image.thumb.png.4a7d7c67c8f1bb83b6779773c09863c4.png

Does anyone know if you can kip on the floor of Kings Cross station on the Saturday night? Got nee chance of a ticket but booked train down Saturday morning for a day on the drink with mates who will have tickets just to sample the Geordie invasion. Then got early train booked Sunday morning to get me back in town with plenty of time to make a big screen somewhere with an assumed late afternoon ko.