Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle United (11/02/2023)

Disco

I mean that's probably everything Eddie wants from ASM summed up in that goal.

Work hard off the ball to keep the ball in possession, make a forward run, head up, make incisive pass. 

Sloppy as fuck first half from all and hopefully not a bad injury for Willock. 

Would hope they come out 2nd half with abit more quality and sharpness. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Joelinton looks fucking tremendous in the middle mind.  Please leave him there Eddie

Only place for him. We’re badly lacking Bruno mind. Too many players in that side who need one touch too much.

1 minute ago, Sufi said:

I love ASM and what he’s done for us in the dark ages..but holy fuck he’s been absolutely terrible. Almost every single touch has been a give away. I don’t think ive seen him move the ball or even complete more than 1 pass in the entire first half. He’s obsessed with dribbling and taking on defenders. He completely plays with his head down. I think he was perfect for us when we sat back and parked the bus for 90 mins. He would earn fouls and help us move up the pitch. In this current system he is having a really hard time adjusting. I hope he has a better second half 

Bit of a dumb post considering the part he played in our equaliser 

4 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

The overreactions going on in here, we've been poor to OK tonight. The system change has helped, their goal was a kick up the arse.

We've still only lost one game, sit 4th and are having a dip in form that we all had to expected at some point, but ffs lets not go mental with the negativity.

Nee wonder SJP is full of miserable ungrateful fuckers these days. Least the lads on the pitch have some fucking back bone.

Edited by Whitley mag

Just now, Sufi said:

I love ASM and what he’s done for us in the dark ages..but holy fuck he’s been absolutely terrible. Almost every single touch has been a give away. I don’t think ive seen him move the ball or even complete more than 1 pass in the entire first half. He’s obsessed with dribbling and taking on defenders. He completely plays with his head down. I think he was perfect for us when we sat back and parked the bus for 90 mins. He would earn fouls and help us move up the pitch. In this current system he is having a really hard time adjusting. I hope he has a better second half 

He hasn't done that even once today. He has given the ball away and his pass led to the equalizer.

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

For anyone looking at the BBC match stats thinking we are well worth being level are not seeing the other more valuable stat

xG 1.35 v 0.54, 2 big chances to them for our 1

Lucky to be level but hopefully we can be much better in the 2nd half

Yup, we had the ball for long periods of play but did shit all with it.

3 minutes ago, Wilson said:

And that contribution led to an equaliser, exactly what he's capable of but people tend to forget he can be a game changer. 

Done very well there, from diving to keep it in play to the final ball. 

Thats why Bournemouth have set 3 or 4 players on him whenever he's had a sniff.

Just now, joeyt said:

It would help if every one of our attacks didn't go down the right hand side with Almiron, Trippier and Longstaff and then ultimately losing it

This is a huge issue with our side. We are soooo focused on the trippier Almiron connection and teams basically shift over to that side. I do think Isak and Gordon will help fix that because Isak comes deeper to get the ball and Gordon does a good job of switching play 

We’ve assembled the tallest but most aerially impotent team of players I’ve seen in a while. All of that play down the wing for Trippier to put decent balls into no one. Coupled with absolutely zero threat from corners. 

I’d love to see the stats on our crosses to goals ratio. It must be one of the worst in the league.

It’s my only criticism of us under Eddie tbh. 

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

It would help if every one of our attacks didn't go down the right hand side with Almiron, Trippier and Longstaff and then ultimately losing it

100%. 

It was working before the world cup but teams were always going to work out how to stop Almiron running in behind them, like.

Need to use the left side more. Hopefully Gordon can get out to support ASM more like he did for the goal.

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I do think Bournemouth have played well mind.  Pressed really well and always looking for a clever pass to split our defence.  We should know what consistent pressing does to the opposition’s passing accuracy.

They have. One of a few teams who have caused us trouble