Lewis Miley

Ronson333

Really love how he takes the ball and uses his quality technique and awareness to go into space. He’s already clearly more of a natural footballer than Jow and Longstaff in midfield, just lacking in years and being physically fully ready 

He can hold his head high in an otherwise crap team performance, bar Pope.

17 and a half, man. I was drinking £1 a bottle Kronenbourg and VK Ice up Ladies Night when I was that age and genuinely being a disgrace all round. He’s starting in the Premier League and playing well. Fair play to the fucker. 

Looks very composed and constantly looking for the ball. Don’t think he put a pass out of place for first half and only 1/2 didn’t end up at one if our players feet in the second. Could be a serious talent if managed correctly if he’s showing this ability at 17. 

If we let him get time on the pitch instead of drowning him behind new players he'll be good enough to start for us regularly in 2 years. Needs to add a bit more muscle around those lanky legs for that pace & power so he can more confidently use his awareness and technique to shrug off the press when he received the ball and carry or pass it forward.

There’s no doubt whatsoever about his technique from what I’ve seen, mentally, he seems very mature too. The key is all about development, some players stall but under Howe I’d expect him to keep progressing. Not sure exactly what type of midfielder he’s going to be, my extremely uniformed eye on him would be that I expect him to be a Merino type with creativity rather than a crunching tackler box-to-boxer

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

What is happening with the academy & new training ground?  They’ve been here over two years and I’ve seen nowt to date

The ones responsible for the development of this are out injured. Hamstrings.

52 minutes ago, Andy said:

Looks a good prospect. Thought he probably should have stayed on ahead of Longstaff, who was clearly blowing through his arse. 

I think Longstaff was playing injured and looked gassed before that, anyway. 

I’m guessing because of Miley’s age and also him not long being over glandular fever. They were always looking at a set time to bring him off.