Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

1 minute ago, triggs said:

He's a better overall player, not as easy on the eye but no way Barca would have got embarrassed as much as they have in Europe if Casemiro was there instead of Busquets

Agreed. Casemiro has been the main reason for Man United's transformation. He gives the stability to release Rashford and Anthony. 

I feel like too many of the team aren’t at the same level of Joelinton and Bruno and it’s showed. Although I don’t really feel like we’ve made them work to be 2-0 up. 

A goal could change it though. 

For a while there was ample hope, but it just seems we've lost the ability to put the ball in the back of the net. If this was in October / November, we'd be well on top. 

We have a team that tries... we just need a team that can persevere throughout a whole season. 

Still... there is hope. An early goal in the 2nd half will change it, but Christ alone knows where that's coming from. 

Still love this team. HTWL! 

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Difference is that they have players that have won the lot. Big game experience wins in key moments.

They’ve got more quality players which investment over years rather than 12 months brings.

I don't think we've been that bad. Probably been the better team overall. But we don't finish lately. Just don't have that final quality. They do. And got a bit of luck - and some poor goalkeeping - for the second. 

We're not out of this yet. But if we lose our heads, we will be.

Just now, Aiston said:

Wilson has been invisible. 

ASM looking good going forward but offers absolute zero protection to burn.

I don’t think that’s the issue at all. Antony has just roasted burn. 

Just now, triggs said:

He's a better overall player, not as easy on the eye but no way Barca would have got embarrassed as much as they have in Europe if Casemiro was there instead of Busquets

He’s not like, at all. Busquets is a far more technically gifted player. It’s hardly his fault barca lost in Europe lol. He’s won a WC, Euros and 3 CL. Hardly ‘embarrassing’

Well we where on top for the first 30 minutes then they hit us with two sucker punches, think thats game over as I can't see us scoring twice at the moment, but can always hope.

As for the goals reckon Pope comes and claims the first, and saves the seconds. That said I don't actually think Karius did much wrong with either, if that at all makes sense.