Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

Think it's probably all over but the club has been represented absolutely magnificently and that's all I could ask for. Casemiro having to ask his supporters to make a noise about sums it up. 

Newcastle, United, will never be defeated. 

Just now, Collage said:

It wasn’t. We’ve been unlucky.

First goal was a great free kick delivery so fair play to them. Thought the second was not good by us.

By the way, I didn't say Newcastle were shite, I meant the game as a whole. Down two in the cup final is shite to me.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

May feel harsh, but I really don’t rate Miggy at all, he must be a dream to defend against.

Felt this for a few weeks. He played it safe a couple of times when he had a 1v1. A couple of weeks ago he’d have cut in and shot. it’s an area we could do with an upgrade if we’re going to compete at the top level. 

Better side ahead.  Stupid by Bruno for the FK, and BDB really, really is shite at attacking headers.  Keep the eyes open, Dan.  Thought Karius has been ok - nowt doing with the 1st, and he stops the 2nd without the deflection.

There’s still a chance, but it’s very, very slight now.  We’re not creating much and we’ve started inviting pressure with sloppy play.  I just don’t want the score line to become embarrassing more than owt else. 

It hasn't been a lack of effort once since Howe came in. It's a quality issue, there's only so far that working hard will get you. First goal is well worked, unlucky that Wilson plays him just on but he has to stick a leg out for it, second goal was soft and now we have to cope with players losing their heads in a difficult position.

I think the move for me would be Longstaff off, Isak on, 4-2-3-1 and allow him the freedom to overload the flanks and get in beyond Wilson.

9 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

That’s absolute rubbish tbf. He’s not even on the same planet as Busquets. Mental take 

He's not as creative, but I dare say he is more important to the collective of his teams than busquets, be it Real, United or Brazil, 3 out of 2 last brazil world cup defeats were because his replacement made crucial mistakes.

In Real he was the anchor that made the whole around him able to shine, he was the anchor to the only midfield trio that gave "Busquets - Xavi - Iniesta" a run for their money (Casemiro, Modric and Kross is just as Iconic) and even if the barça trios was way more spectacular to see play on their prime, in my eyes he's more regular on a extreme high level than busquets. He also gives an absurd consistensy to any team he's in and is a natural leader. 

For fuck sake, he won 5 champions league's and has been the most consistent player in Brazil national team of the decade.

Just look at this United before and after him.

Edited by JNK

Huge uphill battle now, especially as we haven't really looked like scoring at all. Our dip in form is so visible in all areas of the pitch like. Couple of months ago we looked like scoring every time we were on the ball. 

Glad we got here, done well in midfield and the 2nd goal is just unfortunate but as usual we lack it up top. They took their chances and we won’t, that’s the difference.

Edited by Nine

You know how in cup finals Birmingham, relegated Wigan, Wimbledon, Luton, 2nd tier Sheffield Wed can beat Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United but when its us and were better than all of those sides on evey occasion it goes so according to form and predictability its almost too predictable ... what's up with that?

9 defeats in a row at Wembley.....ffs, against a bunch of c*nts who it doesn't even mean anything to.

Edited by Jonas