Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

Don’t like it do you? All those years having morals about Mike Ashley’s zero hours contracts and then opening wide for Saudi human rights abuse. I like Geordies. Used to like Newcastle. Look in the mirror, don’t hate people for expecting better of you lot.

Edited by Soycott Baudi

@Boycott Saudi is probably a decent lad man [emoji38]

Family man, 2 kids and a slightly overweight wife, decent face but the years are showing. Nothing much to do on a Sunday night so he's popped on to NO to wind up some Newcastle fans after a defeat and is currently getting all the ammo he needs for a decent laugh to wash down with his Stella.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

6 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I am if you’re not coming out with your usual bullshit on purpose that is designed to get attention.

Tosser

Not at all. I think the bigger picture is largely positive but I’m disappointed with today and the January window, as most people are. Sorry you feel the need to get personal.

Just now, maze said:

They were better, much better. The gulf in quality between the sides are huge. 

I wouldn't say the gulf was huge. They had quality in all 11 positions, whereas we were only half way there. Despite that, we gave a good account of ourselves. 

I was disappointed and surprised that we started with Wilson rather than Isak, who really showed his ability in the second half. Maybe he needs a different partner in attack.

2 minutes ago, Soycott Baudi said:

Don’t like it do you? All those years having morals about Mike Ashley’s zero hours contracts and then opening wide for Saudi human rights abuse. I like Geordies. Used to like Newcastle. Look in the mirror, don’t hate people for expecting better of you lot.

Haaaahahahahaha 

I thought we played well and gave everything out there today. Extremely disappointed by the goals because they came from absolutely nothing and against the run of the play. Man Utd clearly have more big game experience and managed the game far better and were tactically spot on. They were compact, sat back and assessed the flow of the game, using their pace and quick passing to pounce when the opportunity presented itself.

We had a lot of good positions and opened them up numerous times with the final pass letting us down constantly. We also slowed things down too often when in a threatening position (ASM being guilty of this although I thought he played well). We’ll get better with experience and a higher quality of player 

Just now, Ronaldo said:

Not at all. I think the bigger picture is largely positive but I’m disappointed with today and the January window, as most people are. Sorry you feel the need to get personal.

I’m sorry that you felt the need to come out with your antagonistic crap today :thup: 

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

@Boycott Saudi is probably a decent lad man [emoji38]

Family man, 2 kids and a slightly overweight wife, decent face but the years are showing. Nothing much to do on a Sunday night so he's popped on to NO to wind up some Newcastle fans after a defeat and is currently getting all the ammo he needs for a decent laugh to wash down with his Stella.

Nee way hes having Stella like, probably got a crate of Ace.

It's pointless arguing between each other, man. This is going to be the worst side we have for a very long time. We are only going to get better and better and trophies will come with that. 

We have our club back, we are competitive and ambitious now. The fans were amazing and did us all proud over the whole weekend. Forum members have travelled from all corners of the world to be together, be it at Wembley or at the meetup in town. We've had people sorting each other tickets out, even some giving theirs away to others. It's been amazing. This is what football and the forum is all about. Bring on the next one! 

28 minutes ago, midds said:

We did and we also took our chances, Almiron had the 'hot hand' but that seems to have disappeared. I'm just a bit down tbh :undecided:

1996 league campaign, 98 and 99 FA cup finals, UEFA cup semi final where we were single handedly beaten by Drogba, now today. It is tiring always being so close but never turning up on the day when it matters. The first trophy will be huge for us because the pressure on our shoulders as a club is bigger than any other club due to the long barren period.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

1996 league campaign, 98 and 99 FA cup finals, UEFA cup semi final where we were single handedly beaten by Drogba, now today. It is tiring always being so close but never turning up on the day when it matters. The first trophy will be huge for us because the pressure on our shoulders as a club is bigger than any other club due to the long barren period.

God Drogba was insane that day, ridiculous 

Just got home after watching in town. Not anywhere near as gutted as I thought I’d be. Proud of the lads but the better team won, no question. They are a very good side and seem to be getting better while we are falling back to our natural level. No shame in that though, considering where we have been as a club from 2007 to 2021. They aren’t a million times better than us but they are disciplined, dogged, aggressive and….most importantly, clinical.

Wilson is finished as 1st choice strike here and needs upgrading urgently. Isak needs to start every game from here on in. Saw nothing from ASM either to see he has a future here. Flatters to deceive with his runs but the end product is never there. He also always looks like he will hit a stray pass that will lead to a goal for the opposition too.

Finally, massive props to our support today. I have been one of the most critical of our fans this season but today they were nothing short of sensational. Forget the result, It’s a massive relief to know that our support has still “got it”.

Now let’s get a top 6 finish to end the season sweetly. Top 4 will probably be beyond us but 5th or 6th is still very achievable.