Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

39 minutes ago, Collage said:

Sir Alex clearly cared.

And as good as Man Utd were they didn’t dominate in Europe the way they did domestically. It’s crazy that Liverpool have had more success in Europe despite only winning 1 league in 33 years.

Prime Shearer would have made the difference IMO. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Completely forgot about the breakaway in the opening minutes where Almiron had options left and right and passed it straight to the Man United defender. Criminal. 

aye, at least 3 options and only 3 man utd defenders back, was really poor 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Abandoning a familiar system for one that we've barely played, in a cup final, would have been a hell of a gamble. 

It's a fair point, I think we've only done it against Fulham, however I suppose injuries have prevented us from playing Isak and Wilson in the same team. I do believe though the familiar system has become...well too familiar 

10 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

Don't know who I'd rather punch, Simon Jordan, Merson or Abonglahor.

very difficult question to answer. Makes me think of that 1 bullet in the gun dilemma which is solved by putting their heads together 

It’s awful , everywhere I look online seeing stuff from daft non attending Man United wankers who have never been to Manchester in their life  , same from Boro fans who again are trying to make up some sort of rivalry , at least Sunderland fans taking the piss you just think fair enough.

Is there anywhere I can watch our players on the pitch after the game without having to watch the others lift the trophy? Left the pub about 5 minutes after full time because I didn't want to stay for the trophy celebration, but would like to see the clips of the players, staff & owners commiserating afterwards.

5 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Is there anywhere I can watch our players on the pitch after the game without having to watch the others lift the trophy? Left the pub about 5 minutes after full time because I didn't want to stay for the trophy celebration, but would like to see the clips of the players, staff & owners commiserating afterwards.

NUFC TV on YouTube or the website have a video that you're looking for. 

4 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

NUFC TV on YouTube or the website have a video that you're looking for. 

Thanks pal - saw the interviews on there but didn't see that this is at the end of the extended highlights on both the website & YT :thup:

Great weekend just sadly we couldn’t turn from book over but proud of the lads.

we did what we needed to do and started well just didn’t get the early goal we needed to have a chance.

we really need to get a bit more speed in to our play - too many times we get forward and out foot on ball and play backwards. Need to start stretching teams getting ball in behind - isak needs to start from now  

33 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

He's definitely on some kind of gear there like but I can't help but like that. :lol: 8 year old at a cup final, man. When I was 8 we were losing 1-5 to Liverpool at SJP under JFK and getting relegated. Lucky bastard.

Still prefer the old Wembley...

Maybe it's rose tainted glasses but F.A. Cup days were sooo much better! 

Sunshine, Wembley Way bouncing, Abide with me (not some 90s DJ pretending he is David Guetta ), losing 2.0 but it's ok as the season ended and you had a few months to pick yourself up.

On the plus side when we do ever score a cup final goal I hope it's the bloody winner and Wembley have to beg us to leave hours after the game has finished!

fans-wembley-way-1999-newcastle-united-nufc-1120x1410-1.webp