Manchester City vs. Newcastle United: 04/03/23 @ 12:30 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

First time I've been unhappy with a lineup this season. Wilson still starting is shite and ASM dropped whilst Almirón still starts after his ghosting performance last week also is too. 

Isak still not starting games is now getting to be a bit of a joke tbh.

Am I the only one that thinks Almiron over ASM makes sense today? :lol:

We're going to be backs the wall a fair amount and to get a result we're going to need to press from the front as well as needing the defensive work in the wings, ASM doesn't really offer that, whereas Gordon and Miggy do.

Wilson over Isak is interesting mind, though, I'd argue Wilsons holdup play is better then Isak's so that could be why he is preferred today.

Edited by 54

1 minute ago, GWN said:

Perform to his tag , he’s been decent and it’s early days. I was expecting a little more tbh . Just my opinion . 

He hasn’t had a proper run in the team yet though. Just appearances off the bench for the most part. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think he’s playing for a draw or narrow defeat and saving people for the next two TBH. 

It’s 8 days until the next game. Our best team should start today and next Sunday.

Just now, Decky said:

He hasn’t had a proper run in the team yet though. Just appearances off the bench for the most part. 

True yet hasn’t set my world alight yet when his chance has been given, yet I do like him but feel he’s disappointed too . Wilson is out of form I get it .

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Am I the only one that thinks Almiron over ASM makes sense today? :lol:

We're going to be backs the wall a fair amount and to get a result we're going to need to press from the front as well as needing the defensive work in the wings, ASM doesn't really offer that, whereas Gordona me Miggy do.

Wilson over Isak is interesting mind, though, I'd argue Wilson holdup play is better then Isak's so that could be why he is preferred today.

The idea of the front three is canny obvious like.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Wilson makes sense away to Man City like, Isak would likely be completely bullied out of the game.

Wilson was bullied out of the game last week by a pocket sized dinky centre back, I'd at least give Isak a shot 

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Wilson makes sense away to Man City like, Isak would likely be completely bullied out of the game.

My thinking as well. We will need some kind of outlet, to aim for. Wilson is suited to that role, whereas Isak is not that type of forward.

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Nah, Isak is a great counter striker where you can punt the ball to the wider areas and he can do damage. Worked very well against Liverpool.

Wilson presses well and contests headers better. Let's see how it goes.

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

The same as Wilson in 2023, then :lol: 

Edited by Lush Vlad