Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

4 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Has to be electric tonight.

Great if it was like Barca and a wall of noise on them coming out, booing their lineup, singing through the anthem and not stopping for kickoff.

The Barcelona game was the best atmosphere I’ve ever experienced. Genuinely felt as if the stadium was shaking. And that was at 36k.

I have wondered whether it was actually as good as I remember, as I was relatively young at the time, but then I see the clips on TV again, and I feel reassured it’s not just my memory playing tricks.

13 minutes ago, SteV said:

The Barcelona game was the best atmosphere I’ve ever experienced. Genuinely felt as if the stadium was shaking. And that was at 36k.

I have wondered whether it was actually as good as I remember, as I was relatively young at the time, but then I see the clips on TV again, and I feel reassured it’s not just my memory playing tricks.

Seem to remember there was no alcohol in the stadium because we were all necking pints in the Goose(or rather whatever it was previously) then sprinted to the ground at 7.30to make the teams coming out, place was absolutely bussing in the streets, concourse the lot

12 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Seem to remember there was no alcohol in the stadium because we were all necking pints in the Goose(or rather whatever it was previously) then sprinted to the ground at 7.30to make the teams coming out, place was absolutely bussing in the streets, concourse the lot

Not that I can really remember, but you’re probably right as I think they only lifted the alcohol ban at CL matches about 5 years ago.

18 minutes ago, SteV said:

Not that I can really remember, but you’re probably right as I think they only lifted the alcohol ban at CL matches about 5 years ago.

Actually it was definitely no alcohol as my mate paid about £40 on beers in the Nou Camp to find it was Sin Alcohol haha

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Probably the best atmosphere I’ve known in all my years. Have a feeling tonight will be no better no worse than Man City last week due to quality and ball retention of the opposition but hopefully it’s better. No doubt the 5-10mins before KO will be better.

4 hours ago, SteV said:

Its definitely not your memory. Spanish commentary describes it as "tremenda aura' (or whatever) tremendous ambience/atmosphere.

Only Man United 95/96 was definitely better. But that might have been better than any atmosphere ever in England - it was something else. I'll forever wonder what one of those early chances going in would have sounded like.

Edited by Jonas

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

By 8.02 the flags will have been put away and 90% of ground will be sat down in relative silence, pissing and moaning about summat that a player hasn’t even done yet 

Amirite

Because I’m a miserable cunt as I didn’t get a ticket. Probably :lol:

Only joking. I hope we get into them. 

Feel jealous of those whe were there tonight. But seeing a load of kids there enjoying the magic was also great to know that the next generation will grow up knowing what it's like to see us up there.

15 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

PXL_20231004_2020226392.thumb.jpg.de1208e1d9b72a00f2dae51ae5b01131.jpgHad the pleasure of being in the last home seat to the away fans...

To be fair they were absolutely fantastic and never stopped.

Can still hear the bloody drum ?? in my head ! 

I'm in leazes L4T, just below level 7, that f*cking drum man ?, the lad banging it will have a sore arm tomorrow 

That was class, everyone was up for it. Loud and hostile, loads of songs going around with plenty of agro and reaction to on pitch events. 

I've got some videos, will find somewhere to upload them, then post it. 

What a fucking night. 

Best away fans I've seen and best I've ever heard the home atmosphere. Was absolutely banging other than the 10 mins after their goal where people got a little nervy.

The crowd reacted to every tackle and every block and the groans when we lost the ball on occasion seemed to disappear tonight.