Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

1 hour ago, Superior Acuña said:

Reading brought in something where points are rolling on the last 5 years but there’s also a way to a acknowledge longer term ‘legacy’ support https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2023/august/02/loyalty-points-change-2023-24/

Interesting.

They seem to have put quite a bit of thought into it. A touch convoluted on first reading, but I’m sure easy enough to grasp once you get used to it.

Any idea how its been received by their fans?

4 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Yeah I think it was them who argued for a change in ticket distribution. Certainly thats the general consensus. It's gone down like a lead balloon tbh but I'm sure it suits some of them which is what they'll view as important.

The more I listen to that cabal of cunts. The more I wish they didn’t exist. Self-serving tossers who are mostly clueless about the game. Their analysis and views are bi-polar week to week and all. 

The decent ones that I enjoyed listening to all seem to have jumped ship. 

Sad thing is

All the talk of younguns not getting in cos its a closed shop

There's going to be less than ever with this system now

All them who've built up friends and contacts last few years to help them out

Kaput

No point rushing to make predictions. See how it goes first half dozen games.

Followed the debate and can see various points of view.

Ultimately the club have made a decision based on feedback from fans and fans only. Trusts, Clubs and Forums are just collective voices passing on their members and attendees wishes after all.

Ive a few ideas myself that would’ve been a different approach but I doubt anyone has a perfect solution.

No decision is irreversible so if it turns into a disaster (allocations going unsold, vocal support at games poor) then hopefully the club will be prepared to listen. 

58 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Not sure how NUST can cite an example then now claim they had no influence in the process, when the very example they quoted was introduced.

NUST a bit self-contradictary there.

Edited by huss9

16 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Not sure how NUST can cite an example then now claim they had no influence in the process, when the very example they quoted was introduced.

Arent they supposed to represent the fans?  Their reply should have been that its not within their remit to advise the club on their own ticketing policies. If the club want to implement something, thats up to them. Its fuck all to do with NUST. 'Noted' instead of 'advising or recommending' here is just pure semantics. If you didnt want to advise, you shouldnt have said anything. 

I cant ever remember the NUST asking members whether they wanted to implement checks at away games? if they did, then show us how fans/members were surveyed and the results? 

10 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Arent they supposed to represent the fans?  Their reply should have been that its not within their remit to advise the club on their own ticketing policies. If the club want to implement something, thats up to them. Its fuck all to do with NUST. 'Noted' instead of 'advising or recommending' here is just pure semantics. If you didnt want to advise, you shouldnt have said anything. 

I cant ever remember the NUST asking members whether they wanted to implement checks at away games? if they did, then show us how fans/members were surveyed and the results? 

word.

On 20/08/2023 at 18:23, Whitley mag said:

This was fucking OTT aswell, Northumbria Police will be itching to ban them to get their numbers up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKIddPKGKnY&list=RDCMUCnfaXGG3LUFjbdnTmbWXKMw&start_radio=1

The older one's 55 FFS not 15. If he was a mackem we'd be ridiculing him on here. No excuse for the OTT heavy handed policing though.

4 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

The older one's 55 FFS not 15. If he was a mackem we'd be ridiculing him on here. No excuse for the OTT heavy handed policing though.

I mean it’s just a bit thick from them isn’t it, however the policing and wrestling them to the ground is nuts given what it is. 

On 20/08/2023 at 18:23, Whitley mag said:

This was fucking OTT aswell, Northumbria Police will be itching to ban them to get their numbers up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKIddPKGKnY&list=RDCMUCnfaXGG3LUFjbdnTmbWXKMw&start_radio=1

On 20/08/2023 at 20:00, Whitley mag said:

Here’s your context, I offer my opinion on what I’ve seen, and it’s what the general consensus was of people who witnessed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etKxaiP4g50&pp=ygURbmV3Y2FzdGxlIGZhbnMgdHY%3D

The problem the lads will have as much as I have sympathy for them over this incident is you can’t have Man City away tickets without a ST each which they confirmed on that first video so they are exactly the people they are targeting with the new system and if not them the suppliers.

Where did they get their two tickets from? 󠀠

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

The problem the lads will have as much as I have sympathy for them over this incident is you can’t have Man City away tickets without a ST each which they confirmed on that first video so they are exactly the people they are targeting with the new system and if not them the suppliers.

Where did they get their two tickets from? 󠀠

Did they not say on the first video with Tyneside Life that they travelled without tickets and just intended to watch in bar, I would have to watch back.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Wey, they looked canny believable to me.

I must be getting cynical. There whole alibi was they weren’t planning on letting the pyrotechnics off in the stadium 🧨

Which of course they wouldn’t as they didn’t travel on a coach all the way to Manchester to watch in the ground but to watch in a pub with their strips on despite Manchester pubs in my experience wouldn’t entertain on a match evening.

Feel for them and clearly the type of fans I like to see at aways but not sure the club will think the same.

11 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Managed to get a ticket in the safe standing section on Saturday. Was expecting to finally sample that in about 2034 so I’m buzzing. 

Brilliant 👍🏻 What time did you manage to snare it?

36 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Brilliant 👍🏻 What time did you manage to snare it?

Was in the resale today mate, so like 10:01. Got into the stadium map and there was one left in that area, was delighted to say the least. 

Edited by Danh1