Manchester City 2-0 Newcastle United

Disco

1 minute ago, HawK said:

If a poacher isn't scoring his chances, you're playing 10v11. He offers nothing outside finishing chances. He was an elite level poacher, not sure what he is now. 

An out of form elite poacher.

i’d be looking to move him on and upgrade in the summer mind.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

I mean he also put one on a plate for Longstaff like.

There's an easy argument to be had there but it serves no purpose :lol: point taken though, would rather it not be the exception to the rule though. If he regularly contributed more in the build up play I think the mood in the room would be completely different. 

We have played a lot worse against City over the years. But it still feels like they are toying with us a bit. 

Lascelles has played well. 
Joelinton clearly not fit. 
Longstaff should have taken that shot on a lot earlier. 
Gordon has been anonymous. Looks scared to actually try anything. Like a fast Colback that half. 

Wilson an absolute shambles. Feels like he needs to come out the firing line for his own sake now. Almost getting a bit toxic with him. Which is a shame. As he has been a great player for us and used to be so awkward to play against and ruthless in front of goal. A shadow of his former self. 

Just now, maze said:

Got his extension.  

This is awful craic like. He’s been one of our best performers all season. He doesn’t manage to do anything in a half against the best side in the league  and he has a few other games where he doesn’t make an impact recently. Fair enough to criticise him but he remains a really important player for us 

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

We’ve been fine, commentary keep mentioning they’ve dominated but they’ve created very little.

Longstaff, Wilson and Gordon should atleast have forced a decent save each.

Good summary, agree with all of it. Man City definitely haven't dominated, although we have looked on the ropes a few times. 

The finishing needs to improve man, it's killing us. Especially in games like this when chances are scarce. 

Hope to see Isak, ASM and Willock get plenty of minutes in 2nd half. 

A half that was a microcosm of our recent matches for me.

• Good spells
  • We look knackered 
  • Missing big chances (Gordon, Longstaff, and Wilson)
  • Longstaff dawdling on a sitter
  • Wilson missing a sitter and having a complete waste of time performance overall 
  • A goal conceded from a deflection off Botman 
  • An absolutely world class performance in shocking refereeing