Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 02/04/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

We’re at home and they’re missing Casemiro. We’ve got every chance.

I get being nervous but we’re also a good team. Luckily Eddie and the team will be going into it with a positive frame of mind. 

Just now, LV said:

We’re at home and they’re missing Casemiro. We’ve got every chance.

I get being nervous but we’re also a good team. Luckily Eddie and the team will be going into it with a positive frame of mind. 

Casemiro missing is why I think we really need to get Joelinton back in. None of this 'but Longstaff hasn't done anything wrong' bollocks, get him in with Bruno and bully the fuck out of their midfield. 

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Absolute travesty we didn't win that game last season. We were by far the better side and they were fucking rancid. Hallmarks of us pre January last season, I guess.

That game was the first glimmer of hope for me that we would stay up. 

26 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I get wanting to be positive about this game and having faith in the team but I do think this game is going to be far far harder than some seem to think. I'd be happy with a draw in all honesty. They've got a very good sqaud with alot of quality.

:lol: Glad it’s not just me who thinks a 1-0 loss is nailed on.

1 minute ago, LV said:

That game was the first glimmer of hope for me that we would stay up. 

I'd seen plenty once Howe had come in and it was clear we just needed signings in the January to up the level of quality in the side to execute what he was trying to implement at a good enough level. That game a prime example alongside Brentford, Norwich with 10 men for 80+ minutes, even some of the defeats which showed tactical improvements. Its why I found (and still find :lol: ) the calls for him to go on here post Watford (H) mental.

25 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

We’ve played them twice this season and they’ve beat us once and drawn once so at the moment we’re not better than them.

i feel though it will all be about our finishing tomorrow.

We are a better team than them, we did not get the results we deserved.

Tomorrow we will . . . 

2 minutes ago, manorpark said:

We are a better team than them, we did not get the results we deserved.

Tomorrow we will . . . 

Cup final? We were toothless and they just controlled the game after going two up. The draw was fair enough. Joelinton and Rashford both should have scored.

Hard game. On paper they should be streets ahead if us tbf.

Our attitude and never say die attitude and the home support is our trump card, whether or not we get to use it we will see tomorrow!!

3-1 to the boys

Im nervous for sure. It's a massive game with those behind getting points a loss has us looking over our shoulders but a win could give us the boost we need to stay in the top 4. A draw might almost feel like a loss. It's massive.

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

I get wanting to be positive about this game and having faith in the team but I do think this game is going to be far far harder than some seem to think. I'd be happy with a draw in all honesty. They've got a very good sqaud with alot of quality.

Does anyone seriously think it won't be a tough game though? That said, other than maybe City away, there's very few games I'd shake hands on a point pre-match there days.

This lots away form to the top half leaves a lot to be desired...

Lost 4-0 at Brentford 

Lost 6-3 at City

Lost 3-1 at Villa 

Won 2-1 at Fulham 

Lost 3-2 at Arsenal 

Lost 7-0 at Liverpool 

That said, Liverpool are bobbins away from home and turned us over. Still it goes to show they do have vulnerabilities, particularly without Casemiro.

Gutted I’m not going tomorrow. Won a competition for free tickets to an event in Hull, knew fine well the game would get changed to the Sunday ffs. 

Think we will be bang up for this and can see us winning. 

47 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Hoping for an Arsenal-esque performance and atmosphere for this one.

I said this to friends earlier. Tomorrow needs to be last seasons Arsenal.