West Ham United vs. Newcastle United: 05/04/23 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Think the biggest takeaway from the home game, is we really do go off the boil without Bruno.

No matter how much we fried to break them down, Rice and that P fella were too hard to breakdown.

Bruno being available makes me less worried we'll make Rice look like the second coming of Pirlo like we did in the home game. Bowen is a threat as well but they're mainly dangerous from set pieces near the box and corners. Big effort after Sunday can get us a win but it'll be tough still. Narrow win.

3 hours ago, TBG said:

Think the biggest takeaway from the home game, is we really do go off the boil without Bruno.

No matter how much we fried to break them down, Rice and that P fella were too hard to breakdown.

Deserves an Uncle Ban for that. 

3 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Also ruins Rice’s game. No way does he succeed in marking Bruno anyway 

It'll be that oaf Soucek if they want someone to man mark Bruno. 

37 minutes ago, LV said:

Bookies have us as almost evens to win tonight. 

We usually go off at a rotten price these days. 5/4 to beat Brentford is hideously short.

Edited by The Prophet

They're a danger from set pieces, so I'm not confident we'll keep a clean sheet tonight.

However, this team persistently rises to the occasion, and I think we'll get at least a draw.

It's probably the lingering reflex developed over the past 14 years, but I have bad feeling about tonight. In theory this is the most winnable game of these next 3 away games, but tonight just feels like a banana skin in the making. And then we're in to what are, outside of City and Arsenal, two of the toughest away games in the league at the moment straight after.

Still, I'm going to try and be optimistic and say we win 2-0 tonight. Isak with the opener, then another late one from Wilson off the bench.  

6 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

It's probably the lingering reflex developed over the past 14 years, but I have bad feeling about tonight. In theory this is the most winnable game of these next 3 away games, but tonight just feels like a banana skin in the making. And then we're in to what are, outside of City and Arsenal, two of the toughest away games in the league at the moment straight after.

Still, I'm going to try and be optimistic and say we win 2-0 tonight. Isak with the opener, then another late one from Wilson off the bench.  

I feel the same but I predict a draw.  I actually think Brentford is the more winnable.  They like to have a go and we are very good at the counter attack.

Confident we'll create a hatful of good chances, as we normally do. But our finishing leaves a lot to be desired. And this lot seem to raise their levels against us, so predicting a tough game here. We'll probably need a bit of Isak magic to squeak through. 1-2.

West Ham are a really poor side that play really poor football, I doubt they will even try and win the game tonight, they will just sit in and make it hard, if we score first we win.

Edited by Geogaddi

45 minutes ago, Cronky said:

They're a danger from set pieces, so I'm not confident we'll keep a clean sheet tonight.

However, this team persistently rises to the occasion, and I think we'll get at least a draw.

They've scored from one set piece this season, so not really. It was against us, but it's not one of their strengths 

Just now, The Prophet said:

They scored from a set piece on Sunday.

Ah yeah, fuck :lol:

They've scored from two set pieces this season, so not really. It was against us and Southampton but it's not one of their strengths 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Ah yeah, fuck :lol:

They've scored from two set pieces this season, so not really. It was against us and Southampton but it's not one of their strengths 

I fall into the trap of thinking they're dangerous from set pieces too, might be because of Dawson last season. 

Aguerd is a good player. Rice in the middle has proven he can rise his performance against us and Bowen on the wing against Burn will be a concern as always. Paqueta is bit of an unknown still if he is going to perform. 

But unless that win on sunday suddenly transforms them back into form, then I think aslong as we perform to our own standards, we should have too much for them. 

6 minutes ago, alexf said:

Aguerd is a good player. Rice in the middle has proven he can rise his performance against us and Bowen on the wing against Burn will be a concern as always. Paqueta is bit of an unknown still if he is going to perform. 

But unless that win on sunday suddenly transforms them back into form, then I think aslong as we perform to our own standards, we should have too much for them. 

Paqueta will be to :love: over Bruno’s lush midfield dominance to be effective! 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

We usually go off at a rotten price these days. 5/4 to beat Brentford is hideously short.

Yeah they do feel very short. The state of my betting accounts say that they aren’t often too wrong though! 

Guest reefatoon
17 hours ago, TRC said:

Imagine Rice will man mark Bruno all game, which could make it a tough game.

Doing that would take Rice out of the game and make them vulnerable.