West Ham United vs. Newcastle United: 05/04/23 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

4 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Given how defensive West Ham are my fear is that ASM won't be as effective.

I think that can go one of two ways.

Either that restricts the space ASM has to run into and beyond the West Ham defenders and therefore nullifies his threat OR it gives ASM so many more opportunities to get on the ball closer to West Hams box and out of that comes a more threatening ASM because he's consistently able to get into their box as they are playing so deep.

34 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I'd say he doesn't believe in rotation for rotations sake. He will absolutely pull people out if there is even a hint of injury though. Which is why I think Willock may drop to the bench and Joelinton starts tonight. 

Reckon that'll be the only change given we're just off an international break.

A few weeks back West Ham let us have the ball and looked for the counter, but I'm hoping these might have more pressure to come out at home, which would actually suit us more.

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Wilson in for Isak with midweek off to go full guns against Brentford for me.

Not the Howe way is it really. The next game is always the most important and Isak has become incredibly important. He'll play Isak until there is a reason (injury/fatigue) not to.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Be crackers to ever leave Isak out unless absolutely forced to do so. He's now as pivotal as the likes of Bruno.

Hard to pick out which players aren't pivotal at this moment. Murphy and ASM the only 2 who you could see drop onto the bench and maybe understand, everyone else and it would be extremely harsh if they didn't start. 

Hope Bruno plays his normal game and doesn’t over complicate it for the watching Paqueta. Have a funny feeling we might start with Wilson tonight then revert back to Isak Saturday. Don’t see any changes in back five. Might rest Murphy and give Gordon a start. Think Joelinton might remain on bench if Willock is fit. Wouldn’t mind seeing him replace Longstaff for a game to see how that midfield would perform as Longstaff looked pretty flogged by the end of Sunday.

7pm: Unchanged 😆

Don’t understand people saying they think Howe might rotate. He doesn’t do it. 

Injuries, yes he’ll change it obviously but he doesn’t rest or rotate players. It’ll be the same team as Sunday unless there have been any injuries. 

43 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Wouldn't understand any changes from Sunday unless forced. 

Just to give players a rest I would think. Three games in the space of a week, I think there could well be some rotation, or he might start with the same team then use subs early. Can definitely see Willock going on the bench since he was subbed on Sunday feeling his hamstring.