West Ham United vs. Newcastle United: 05/04/23 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

3 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

I was also thinking this may happen, 3 games in 6 days you'd think it would make sense to rotate tomorrow and then bring back Isak and Willock for Saturday. I could be totally wrong mind.

This.

Can see us resting a few and taking they eye off the ball a bit. 

Just now, Tsunami said:

West Ham were the better side up here after the first 20 mins. Won’t be easy by any means.

True but we are a different side right now than the one that played a few weeks ago. Isak and Bruno being available for a start.

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

West Ham were the better side up here after the first 20 mins. Won’t be easy by any means.

Wouldn't say they were way better, but they definetly had the edge from around the 25 minute to that 60 minute mark.

Bruno was a massive miss that game. He keeps the ball and build attacks so well - it really helps to contain opposition & force them into a deeper shape. Joe was a decent stand-in defensively but his passing IQ & movement into valuable spaces are levels below Bruno.

12 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I think we win this one and have more of a struggle on the weekend. The fatigue will more likely set in at Brentford 

Brentford are away at Man U tomorrow night as well though. It's the same for everyone. 

WH are incredibly defensive. Don't seem to want the ball much. Don't seem to venture forward too often.

They do hold a threat from set plays, as we saw at SJP.

We are in a completely different place to that game mind. We have a dynamic attack and a revitalised defence.

1-3 Isak 2, Maxi.

We will play the same side tommorow and providing we can make the required subs and provided we get a good performance, we will play the same side at Brentford.

We have a full week to recover after Brentford.

3 games in a week is doable. We have 6 days rest before Villa, plenty of time to recuperate.

Edited by STM

Bruno could have a player literally attached to him, he'd still control the ball and find a teammate. He's press proof.

West Ham would be better off playing rough and playing for set pieces. My worry would be them from corners. Thank god they don't have Ballon Dawson playing for them anymore.