West Ham United 1-5 Newcastle United (05/04/2023)

BlueStar

Went 2 up and then we went a bit all over. Some awful touches from a few of our players. Pleased it's half time as Eddie needs to sort them out here as if we continue to play like we are, we're not winning this.

Good scoreline but we haven't been great aside from a few moments.

Daft to let them back into it, it seems like we thought it was done after 15 minutes and we could just ease our way to more goals. You can tell Eddie wasn't happy.

There are more goals in this for us but we can't allow any hubris to set in at any point.

Really good game. West Ham have played well and probably deserve to be level, but we look so dangerous and capable going forward. We need to be careful but still confident. 

Bruno, Maxi and Trippier have been triffic but they made a jam roly poly out of Botman on the goal.

Other than the opening 5 mins, this reminds me of the home game. We scored early and looked better but then they grew and started dominating midfield. Although Bruno was suspended but we seemed to be bossing midfield after their early pressure but they've turned the screws, particularly Rice.

Just now, Stifler said:

We need to wake up.

We have been poor to be honest, lost the midfield battle and our players are running into their defenders instead of passing.

Burn has been terrible, and most of their attacks is coming down his side, we honestly need to take him off.

We lost the midfield battle last time we played them, seems moyes knows how to set up against our midfield. Isak willock and target on for me 

Just now, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Outplayed that half but took a Pope howler to actually get them back into it.

Really need our centre midfield to exert more control second half. 

Don't think we've been outplayed, it's been even end to end stuff.

We’ve rode our luck so far, they look the better side tbh and have done most of the half. They let in 2 shocking goals and Wilson should have added another but make no mistake, play like that 2nd half and we don’t win.

1 minute ago, wiseman said:

Couple balls into the middle of their box that we just didn't attack then, I feel like that lay off from Maxi in particular Isak would've been there. Team needs to wake up next half otherwise we're going to throw this away

Feels like we were cruising, then when West Ham upped their game we got knocked out of our stride. We should have controlled the ball better in that situation but got a bit panicky.

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Outplayed that half but took a Pope howler to actually get them back into it.

Really need our centre midfield to exert more control second half. 

Harsh blaming it all on Pope. He gets pinned by Antonio and whoever is making Zouma doesn't follow him. 50/50 blame for that goal. 

I can't tell if West Ham are good or not. Reminds me of us under Pardew a bit. Some good players but I've no idea what their gameplan is. Was thinking to myself how shit Zouma is and then he scores. :icon_puke_l:

Harsh on Wilson but I want Isak on at half time to run at them.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I wish they'd stop showing that fucking Lloyds advert on Sky Sports. Cant fucking bear Alicia Keys' wailing.

The general rule is that adverts have to be annoying, it’s like that go compare guy, the fuckers even said they would stop him singing and went a little while of him not signing, now he’s back like Steve Bruce sensing a payoff for a few months work.

Just now, Mazzy said:

Harsh blaming it all on Pope. He gets pinned by Antonio and whoever is making Zouma doesn't follow him. 50/50 blame for that goal. 

Botman lost him on the edge of the box, didnt follow him and he was free to just dink it.

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Rice driving through our midfield is causing us problems. Need to stop him early doors.

He's a class player, like. Bowen's mint n'all and Antonio a proper handful. Weird they've had such a shit season given their talent. 

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

Botman didn’t follow him quickly enough