West Ham United 1-5 Newcastle United (05/04/2023)

BlueStar

33 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Maybe, but they did also cause us lots of problems running with the ball at our defence, particularly Bowen and Antonio.

Agreed, Bowen had Burn in his back pocket. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

I don't get the joke? :undecided:

It should hopefully be spelt "Craic", and it's Geordie slang for pretty much asking what's going on.

He uses one Brazilian word quite often that sounds similar. Like a good thing. Could mean something like baller or that you’re great.

Not sure of the meaning for how it spells. Something similar to cracquet. Don’t remember :lol:

He says it often to other players, so does other South American ones to him 

Edited by Ikon

8 hours ago, Deuce said:

Still creased at that chucklefuckery from Fabianksi for the 4th :lol:

I know!! Feel for the guy though, he made a couple of great saves (particularly the ‘fingertips’ Maxi one) and all that has been highlighted are the errors.  

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

It's also a word that Spanish/South American players use for like "great player". The word "craque" is all over Spanish/Portuguese speaking players' Instagram comments.

Apparently means ace/expert, have seen it before but never bothered to look it up. I’m still on saying “I have a car” and stuff like that :lol:

10 minutes ago, LALASAM said:

I am new on here. Put a post up about Moyes in relation to this match and he looks like Gollum. Disappeared. What am I doing wrong?

Not harsh enough. 

4 hours ago, TBG said:

It should hopefully be spelt "Craic", and it's Geordie slang for pretty much asking what's going on.

Craic is the gaelicised version of the word, which is originally from the NE and is 'crack'. It's a myth that it should be spelt 'craic' by us. 

(Also as above he means in the Brazillian sense)

Was impressed by Paqueta despite many things going wrong for him. Really physical and made Joelinton look like a baby in one challenge, tireless pressing and some flashes of brilliant skill on the ball. Think he'll become dominant in his second season if whoever coaches him next season can figure out how to use him and he gets more used to the league.

Rice and Bowen looked really good too, West Ham really should be doing a lot better.

8 minutes ago, Pata said:

Was impressed by Paqueta despite many things going wrong for him. Really physical and made Joelinton look like a baby in one challenge, tireless pressing and some flashes of brilliant skill on the ball. Think he'll become dominant in his second season if whoever coaches him next season can figure out how to use him and he gets more used to the league.

Rice and Bowen looked really good too, West Ham really should be doing a lot better.

I do like Bowen. Is Gordon the eventual RW full time? Hard decisions in the summer.