Aston Villa 3-0 Newcastle United (15/04/2023)

Disco

10 minutes ago, brummie said:

I haven't seen it, recorded, will watch tonight

Without trying to get my tongue to far up, you were really good today. Really exploited us in midfield and made it count. Fair play and enjoy it. 

Just now, Ketsbaia said:

Spent the whole week petrified of this match.

Don't even get the joy from being right :'(

Simply put, we were diabolical. Worst for a long, long time.

you are generally petrified every match mate

11 minutes ago, sobbytyne said:

SOB ON THE TYNE PT.3 

WHO'S YOUR NEXT MESSIAH? ANT OR DEC

3-0 TO THE VILLA BOYS GET IN :D

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND GEORDIE BOYS, NOW YOU GOTTA WATCH A WEEKEND OF FOOTY KNOWING YA LOST

CHEER UP ALAN SHEARER

WE SENT YOU DOWN, WE SENT YOU DOWN

[emoji38]

Will be interesting to see how Villa go next week, as I feel Brentford set up in a way that will be ready made match for their tactics, be a fascinating game that one.

Just now, 54 said:

You know, i'm actually surprised by this thread, was expecting reactionary bullshit, but in the main everyone has been level headed :lol: 

It’s easy to accept defeat when you’re comprehensively outplayed tbf. The linesmen were shambolic and on another day that would have been to story on here [emoji38]

Jist absolutely nothing I can say after that game though, it was horrific [emoji38]

We never got a foot hold. Might be a bit simplistic but they had more energy in midfield, used their pace well and played the officials very well. When they were in a spot of bother they had McGinn, Buendia or Young take a tumble and almost every time get a free kick. With Watkins on fire they’ve become a very effective team. 

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

You know, i'm actually surprised by this thread, was expecting reactionary bullshit, but in the main everyone has been level headed :lol: 

Aye its decent

Twitter on the otherhand has everyone's heads falling off. I know it's my own fault for looking...

Villa played well there. Decent team on a good run of form fair play

Big game next week, 4 or 5 more wins and we will do it

Oh aye man u or spurs will drop points this weekend...heard it here first

Edited by jack j

If today identified anything it’s that we need pace at the back if we want to play like that against certain opposition and we need a natural DM who can put his foot on the ball, we can’t just rely on Bruno to dictate games every week.

Well I'm glad it was the 930pm kick off and I didn't stay up to 3am to watch that[emoji38]

38 games in a season was always going to be one game that we dropped the ball on, on there plus I heard from all the villa I know tonight that I'd not spoken to for a while so it's good to know they survived the Gerard times.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Can get criticism of performances, it's deserved after today, but there's an element on here who seem to wait for results like this (it must have fucking killed them the last 15 months) and it's weird as fuck.

Aye, we all love getting trashed.

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It’s easy to accept defeat when you’re comprehensively outplayed tbf. The linesmen were shambolic and on another day that would have been to story on here [emoji38]

Jist absolutely nothing I can say after that game though, it was horrific [emoji38]

Yeah, I nearly mentioned how bad the officials were in my review like, but it's pointless really. The ref could have been Michael Oliver and we'd have still been beaten. No complaints really, we lost in every area.

Emery doing this well does further emphasise the good decision making of our club.  Almost all if our signings have worked out and the two managers on our shortlist have been arguably those that have over performed most thus season.