Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 23/04/23 @ 14:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

4 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Wor flags will have us rabid by kick off, smash into them early & score, fairly comfortable afternoon after that im feeling, Spurs are not great, they clearly have some decent players but collectively we are a better team & will be sore as Fck from last weeks mauling.

3 or 4 nil 

(Ive been wrong before, 1972 I think it was, but looking back i'm convincing myself I may of been right afterall) 

So you could be wrong, you could be right? [emoji38]

let’s hope the anger of our loss to Villa is our energy! 

If I was a neutral I would 100% be thinking we'd win, and win comfortably. Also say we were 10th but had won 5 of our last 6, I'd be convinced we'd win the game.

But because there's such high stakes on it and finishing 4th is in our grasp, which I never dreamed about this season, it just makes me think we won't win. Its not logical but it's so weird. It's the constant years of being shit, even with a great team the belief just isn't quite there yet.

My best mate is a Spurs fan and he's fully expecting us to batter them, doesn't see them winning in any scenario. Hopefully he's right, my gut is just feeling a defeat today.

1 hour ago, manorpark said:

There is a L O T more doubt on here today than there conceivably should be after only one 100% poor performance all season !!!

That’s because it’s the first true huge pressure 6 pointer home game of the season.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

A bird (the flying kind) took a particularly splattery shit on my face this morning. Supposed to be lucky isn't it? Howay the Lads

Didn’t feel lucky when I was on the way to an interview a few years ago and one shit on my head / down the shoulder.

Massively anxious about this now. Villa was the first game all season I didn't watch as I was away for the weekend - the natural conclusion is that because I'll watch this one we'll be back to our best and absolutely coast through

27 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Trippier’s scoring a free kick today 

He's probably not in reality, he's scoring less from them these days than when he first arrived.

4 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Hard not to be anxious when it’s our own team and so much at stake but if you look dispassionately at this it’s obvious we are winning 

Yep , not even remotely nervous , easy 3 points .

Matchday 

So I'm feeling ok about us , fully expect us to put in a performance, the result I'm not so sure of as you all but that's me. I'd be buzzing with a win but silently content with a draw .

Get into the fuckers 

Just now, TRon said:

He's probably not in reality, he's scoring less from them these days than when he first arrived.

Tbf wasn't he absolutely ridiculous for a while? Like I think I remember he was at something insane like 3 goals from 4 free kicks. Was never keeping that up :lol: