Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 23/04/23 @ 14:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Whoever mentioned Spurs being terrible playing out from the back but insisting on doing it a few pages back made a good point IMO. I watched them at Everton recently and they were comically bad at it but persisted. If they try it at SJP we’ll swarm them and the game will be over by HT.

Edited by Dr Venkman

4 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Whoever mentioned Spurs being terrible playing out from the back but insisting on doing it a few pages back made a good point IMO. I watched them at Everton recently and they were comically bad at it but persisted. If they try it at SJP we’ll swarm them and the game will be over by HT.

Spurs defence is shite and they have a few defenders out. Loris doesn’t exactly martial that defence either, there’s mistakes in him in Dier if we pressure them and the crowd is going mental.

20 hours ago, LV said:

I’m really hoping it was just one of those one off losses that all teams seem to get at some point in the season where they are well beaten. 

Me too. Man Utd we’re humped 7-0 by a poor, season wise, version of Liverpool and are still having a good season in the league (better than I thought they would), have won a cup (boo!), have reached a European QF and the FA Cup semi. Plus, the ‘bygone blip’ of getting beaten 5-0 (us) and 6-1 (I think… Southampton) in consecutive games and still winning the league. 

We didn’t play well (great result though) against Brentford, we were mauled by Villa, and I can see us (head) continuing to be a bit off for next couple of games. But couldn’t bring myself (heart) to predict a loss or draw against Spurs. Here’s hoping for a revival of form and the start of a great run in. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

I always hate pieces like this because it seems like pointless fuel for the opposition. See Ten Haag’s quotes about us time wasting etc. I don’t get why you’d choose to rile up the opposition - especially in Spurs’s case where they could be on the verge of imploding. Poor piece from Hope. 

3 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I always hate pieces like this because it seems like pointless fuel for the opposition. See Ten Haag’s quotes about us time wasting etc. I don’t get why you’d choose to rile up the opposition - especially in Spurs’s case where they could be on the verge of imploding. Poor piece from Hope. 

Think of da clicks! 

4 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Craig Hope doing Craig Hope things unfortunately.

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

Big difference between a manager or player saying something and whatever this is.

2 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Erm, he’s a journalist [emoji38]

I get that. For most it would be a pass but for a local journalist and one that claims to love the club it’s not helpful is it. 

If they've got any sense they'll forget any ideas about playing from the back and get it direct to Kane between the lines with that little cunt Son running in behind off him.

If they don't then I'd fancy us.

It will be a harder game than the bookies think anyway. Can widely get over 3's on a Spurs win ffs!