Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 23/04/23 @ 14:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I'm predicting a draw and anything else is a bonus. Depends which Spurs show up, and depends on how much momentum we can build early on. If we come out of the blocks and get an early goal, the crowd get going etc, I can see a comfortable win, but my head says Spurs are better than we give them credit for.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I think this'll be a draw too. The nature of us getting battered a bit last week might see a knocked confidence hangover. 

Or a reaction the other way in front of a partisan crowd 

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I thought that but then can't shake that we seem to do things in streaks [emoji38]

I’m really hoping it was just one of those one off losses that all teams seem to get at some point in the season where they are well beaten. 

8 minutes ago, LV said:

I’m really hoping it was just one of those one off losses that all teams seem to get at some point in the season where they are well beaten. 

A bump in the road as we head for take off on the CL ramp! Like Hooper [emoji38]

image.gif.7aad1460087109cef0c4daf7c1f5dea6.gif

The Bandit will do! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

32 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

"First time in years that I genuinely do not care about a game. They will beat us easily, 99.99% guaranteed.

Trippier playing will be the ultimate illustration of what’s wrong with this club. A player who cost us £3m is now captain of a top 4 side (after winning La Liga) and we have since spent £115m on 4 RBs who are all worse than him."

Enjoyed this one. :lol: 

Spurs aren't particularly unpredictable. They are sloppy at the back and have consistent, rigid attacking patterns, but they have massive amounts of quality in forward areas and sometimes that's enough to win games on it's own.

23 minutes ago, Anderson said:

"First time in years that I genuinely do not care about a game. They will beat us easily, 99.99% guaranteed.

Trippier playing will be the ultimate illustration of what’s wrong with this club. A player who cost us £3m is now captain of a top 4 side (after winning La Liga) and we have since spent £115m on 4 RBs who are all worse than him."

Enjoyed this one. :lol: 

That’s excellent :lol:

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Spurs aren't particularly unpredictable. They are sloppy at the back and have consistent, rigid attacking patterns, but they have massive amounts of VAR decisions going their way and sometimes that's enough to win games on it's own.

5 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You're absolutely right, I just can't quite get over the nerves. 

I have them too, but it's more nervous energy rather than fear. I just can't contemplate getting anything less than a point from this, and that would almost feel like failure. The ground will be electric, as long as we rise to the occasion, we should overwhelm them IMO.