Newcastle United 6-1 Tottenham Hotspur (23/04/2023)

Disco

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

Aye one of the reasons he was very popular at everton was he's apparently a real good egg. Lets not forget he was one of very few in the brazil squad who was publicly anti Bolsonaro. (Don't want to know what Bruno and big Joe think about it all lol for fear of disappointment)

Bit of a digression, but I feel top athletes from Brazilians that often comes from a very poor background are more susceptible to right wing ideology since they themselves in many cases are a living example of "pulling yourself up by the boot straps" (on the surface at least) and think if they can do it, everyone can. I don't think many of them reflect very much on it, so even if Joelinton & Bruno did support him it's nothing I would hold against them further than disagreeing with them compared to people I know are more politically interested/engaged who supports him.

@Kid Icarus I was, but only based on your initial review - I certainly won't bother listening to it.  Not least because (despite its relevance to us this weekend) there's no story I find more tediously dull than 'Big 6 team X are shite at the moment aren't they;' whether it's Spurs, ManU, fucking whoever. I could not give a shiny shite. It proper ties into the bullshit elitist narrative, even if they're crowing about what a basket case they may be. 

I don't share the same levels of disdain for TiFo as you do but if it's being replaced with something better that's definitely good news. 

4 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

And to think Spurs forked out €58M for Richarlison,  And Isak cost us around the same.

That must really stick in Levys throat.

Puts to bed the need to have proven league quality.

26 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t remember this clearly but I’m sure it was believed that spurs needed another forward and he was hot property at the time. 

He's had a great early record in the PL, seems to have dipped in the last couple of seasons. Obviously hasn't worked out at Spurs, but he's still doing very well for Brazil so I doubt he's turned to shit overnight.

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Bit of a digression, but I feel top athletes from Brazilians that often comes from a very poor background are more susceptible to right wing ideology since they themselves in many cases are a living example of "pulling yourself up by the boot straps" (on the surface at least) and think if they can do it, everyone can. I don't think many of them reflect very much on it, so even if Joelinton & Bruno did support him it's nothing I would hold against them further than disagreeing with them compared to people I know are more politically interested/engaged who supports him.

Oh yeah i can understand that somewhat. It's just bolsonaro is fairly...um extreme but can let go with most players not being too engaged. It's mainly really neymar being very close to him, claiming a pious social conservatism while fucking everything that moves in wild parties etc etc 

On 25/04/2023 at 04:47, Yorkie said:

I'm willing to accept that 'Spurs in disarray' is the bigger story here but if you're spending seven minutes talking about that game, I'd expect at least two references to Willock's disgusting pass. 

It was pure filth! 

Spoiler

IMG_9994.thumb.jpeg.e49f9638a8ca3e4251eb8ded7657bac4.jpeg

mod: :lol: That would have been a conversation at work. Name?

It can be annoying when we want to revel in successes but it could play in our favour if the media say those first 20 minutes were more 'Spurs bad' than 'Newcastle sexy as fuck'. Keep us and our tactical pros/cons somewhat under the radar for at least the rest of this season before we catch up even further with more erotic signings.

I think the problem is as with before the Brentford (5-1) and Fulham (4) games, the pre game coverage is all about how tricky a fixture it looks, before afterwards it becoming all about the soft touch the opposition were. Well, it’s one or the other lads 

2 hours ago, Cookie1892 said:

would anyone take richarlison as a wilson replacement going forward?

Not as a replacement as he’s a completely different player. However, I would take him for sure. He’s a great player 

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

It is quite amazing how thick so many ex-footballers are. They speak like they've never played the game at all.

Really? :lol: I'm not surprised in the slightest. 

10 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Howay the Spuds, let's hope they rally and get a couple of decent results in the coming week.

Be class if we've rinsed them so badly that we've forced a reaction from them and they go and take points off Man U and Liverpool :lol:

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not as a replacement as he’s a completely different player. However, I would take him for sure. He’s a great player 

I think he'd fill a very necessary role in our squad as someone who can play CF if Isak is out but is also able to play out wide.

However, his wages and transfer fee would be too much IMO.

Hoping Ashworth has his eye on a lesser known young player for the role.