Newcastle United 6-1 Tottenham Hotspur (23/04/2023)

Disco

5 minutes ago, Shak said:

Howay the Spuds, let's hope they rally and get a couple of decent results in the coming week.

Be class if we've rinsed them so badly that we've forced a reaction from them and they go and take points off Man U and Liverpool :lol:

That’s what I’m hoping 🤞🏻

5 minutes ago, Shak said:

Howay the Spuds, let's hope they rally and get a couple of decent results in the coming week.

Be class if we've rinsed them so badly that we've forced a reaction from them and they go and take points off Man U and Liverpool :lol:

They're not quite out of the race yet, so if they can pick up just enough to get draws with Man Utd and Liverpool, and then collapse again, that would be delightful.

6 minutes ago, JeffJ said:

Spurs fans who made it to the 19th minute should just be grateful they were in the presence of greatness.

The view they had for Willock’s pass. Lucky bastards. 

Literally could not agree more - witnessed 7 goals and still moan 

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

@Kid Icarus I was, but only based on your initial review - I certainly won't bother listening to it.  Not least because (despite its relevance to us this weekend) there's no story I find more tediously dull than 'Big 6 team X are shite at the moment aren't they;' whether it's Spurs, ManU, fucking whoever. I could not give a shiny shite. It proper ties into the bullshit elitist narrative, even if they're crowing about what a basket case they may be. 

I don't share the same levels of disdain for TiFo as you do but if it's being replaced with something better that's definitely good news. 

What's wrong with TiFo now? :lol: 

Haha, seen this loads of times, fans calling out that the players shoudl reimburse them for travelling to a bad result/defeat (in fairness, it used to be mackems).

However, this is the first time I can remember a club actually coming out and offering it! 

The full statement probably had a footnote...

* All fans except those who walked out at 21 minutes

:mike:

1 minute ago, TK-421 said:

Haha, seen this loads of times, fans calling out that the players shoudl reimburse them for travelling to a bad result/defeat (in fairness, it used to be mackems).

However, this is the first time I can remember a club actually coming out and offering it! 

The full statement probably had a footnote...

* All fans except those who walked out at 21 minutes

:mike:

Feel like it’s definitely happened in the past with clubs refunding fans 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's a bit silly IMO. They played badly, they'll play badly again, it happens. 

Are they saying they weren't trying?

Exactly, thats why I wasn't sure I could remember it happening before.

Surely it sets a precedent for any future poor results/performances?

Did Bournemouth fans get their ticket cost back when they got humped 9-0 at Anfield?

incidentally, when that result happened, the media was full of how good Liverpool were, and none of them called Bournemouth embarrassing or woeful. It was just, Wow, Liverpool pur 9 past them, aren't they great??!!

Edited by TK-421

This is annoying me a bit, a big part of them playing so badly was because of us playing so well, cause and effect like.

While we've got some credit, not enough imo for we did to Tottenham. It seems all about them letting us beat them, not us being as so good.

The punditry/media shock is laughable like, I personally haven't seen Spurs play well even once this season, and frequently, in fact most of the time, they've been shit and largely bailed out by generous reffing/VAR and Kane.

But the Pundits and media need to take their collective heads out of their arses and give true credit where it's due, we'd have probably beaten anyone playing like we did Sunday. Wish we were playing like these past 2 home games when we played Liverpool, we owe those cunts next season. Jammy fuckers caught us right at the tail-end of our slump.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's a bit silly IMO. They played badly, they'll play badly again, it happens. 

Are they saying they weren't trying?

I guess there's a line where some performances are unnacceptable. Our 6-1 loss to Leyton Orient comes to mind as one where every fan should have been refunded. 

Not sure 6-1 away to Newcastle is one of those, but if we hadn't took our foot off the gas at 5-0 it probably would have been. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I guess there's a line where some performances are unnacceptable. Our 6-1 loss to Leyton Orient comes to mind as one where every fan should have been refunded. 

Not sure 6-1 away to Newcastle is one of those, but if we hadn't took our foot off the gas at 5-0 it probably would have been. 

They have this exact debate on the football cliches podcast. My own feeling is once you’ve paid your money to watch a game of football, the nature of the sport you enjoy makes it impossible to guarantee a good experience. It’s not like watching an understudy- you knew the deal going in

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah we could have kept going but the rest of the game was easy, we were able to rest Bruno and Tripps and look towards another busy week or fixtures.

Honestly think if we were absolutely ruthless we could have scored 8 or 9.

5 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

They have this exact debate on the football cliches podcast. My own feeling is once you’ve paid your money to watch a game of football, the nature of the sport you enjoy makes it impossible to guarantee a good experience. It’s not like watching an understudy- you knew the deal going in

I get this, but at the same time if you go to watch a film, is there a point where it's so bad you could ask for a refund? I've done that before like :lol:

Smart move refunding the fans. Will take more toxicity out of the home game midweek than anything else they could have done which in turn is probably a better bet than any preparation they're doing.

Edited by Wolfcastle

26 minutes ago, Beren said:

This game definitely has Von Miller vs Cam Newton vibes. @Shak

I think NUFC broke Spurs.

Don't love the fact that the Broncos have also been shite ever since that game, mind you :lol:

Was thinking earlier, don't think it's just because they've little in the way of draft picks that I'm not arsed about the draft this year. Having Newcastle back as a team I can actually get excited about is fucking wild and it's completely taken over my free time sporting pursuits.