Everton vs. Newcastle United: 27/04/23 @ 19:45 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

Think this will be tough. Theyll be up for it and with Onana, Doucoure and DCL returning/getting fitter I think it will be tough. Theyve only got Man City and Bournemouth on the final day at home. Hopefully as he brought of Isak, thatll mean he starts. Id rather give him a rest V Southampton at home. We need to stretch them I think. 

The Green kit scares me more than Everton themselves though. There can be some underplayed psychological aspects to an 'unlucky kit' I feel. 

Going to this, first away in over four years. Was counting last night and Ive been to 15 away games and seen a total of 2 wins (Bolton and WBA 5th place season). Pitiful record...

7 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Ive been to 15 away games and seen a total of 2 wins

Was trying to work out my own record the other day funnily enough, I have been to over 130 away games and I think I've seen about 15 wins :lol: 

Thankfully I'm not going here, but I am going to Leeds and Chelsea.

12 minutes ago, BonesJones said:
26 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Past results aren't irrelevant, like...

Most are, very few aren't

I don't agree. It's more from the point of view of the home side and the crowd tbf, but if you've got a good record at home to X opponent then that can be reflected in the atmosphere. It's not the be-all-end-all obviously. 

cant move BDB to right centre back if Fab's injured. has to be Jamal.

with regards to gordon, i'd seriously consider not taking him as part of the squad at all.

dont need distractions, aggro or possible red cards.

16 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I just can’t see us losing this after Sunday, confidence will be absolutely sky high, even more so than after Man Utd. It wasn’t a particularly tiring game either since we won it after 10 minutes and got Bruno and Trippier off after 70 minutes.

Not just that, we'll be wary of being over-confident after what happened against Villa, not to mention at Goodison last year. Howe will know the dangers of this fixture and will not let complacency rear it's head.

If anything the Everton fans expectations of bringing us down makes it look like they are the ones setting themselves up for a fall. I'll be disappointed if we don't bring back all three points tbh.

I dont think Gordon will play. I think there's too much emotion there, especially given its his boyhood club. He'll be desperate to prove something and it could boil over. He doesnt epitomise playing the game not the occasion in the slightest. 

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

I dont think Gordon will play. I think there's too much emotion there, especially given its his boyhood club. He'll be desperate to prove something and it could boil over. He doesnt epitomise playing the game not the occasion in the slightest. 

I agree but what I’d give for him to score a 95th minute winner at the Gladys Road End!

-Insert trust in Howe decision whatever it is statement-

If Gordon plays, with some shithousing lessons from Wilson, it could work in our favor too to rile up Everton players and fans.

2 hours ago, Jack27 said:

Rather shift Burn inside and play Targett

I don’t agree with this, you just end up risking playing 2 weaker positions rather than 1. Burn has played all season at LB he should stay there.

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I don't thi k he'd start if it was Southampton tomorrow. I think we'll go as we were with Lascalles if need be. 

36 minutes ago, Disco said:

Everton score pretty much only from set pieces, got to be Lascelles.

Just having a look at this, since Dyche came in:

Arsenal - 1 (set piece)

Liverpool - 0

Leeds - 1 (flukey cross-shot/goal keeping error)

Aston Villa - 0

Arsenal - 0

Forest 2 (1 x penalty, 1x set piece)

Brentford 1 (thunder bastard)

Chelsea 2 (1 x set piece, 1 x open play attack)

Spurs 1 (thunder bastard)

Man United - 0

Fulham - 1 (1 x open play attack)

Palace - 0

They rely almost exclusively on set pieces and goals from range.

Edited by The Prophet