Newcastle United vs. Arsenal: 07/05/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Has this ever finished 0-0? :lol: I predict a lot of chances and goals. 

Twice, in 00-01 and 03-04. 

If Saliba is still out for them I think we'll beat them. 16:30 kick off, bank holiday, SJP should be bouncing they've looked like they wilt in good atmospheres away from home. Win and 4 points us all that's required from 4 games for top 4.

Hyem win.

10 minutes ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Unless Arsenal put in their best performance for quite a few weeks, I'd expect at least a point. 

They have to be wobbling now also! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

Really hope Longstaff is back in the starting line up for this. Will be a little concerned about how we start if he’s not there. I’d start Isak again, would probably hold off on playing both him and Wilson from the start on this one but I’d like to see it before the end of the season 

Ideally Longstaff will back in the XI and ASM back on the bench.

Could see Almiron rotated in for Murphy and Wilson starting. 

Gives us a great bench to come on an impact the game if we need it to.

Pope

Tripps  Schar Botman Burn

Longstaff Bruno Willock

Almiron  Wilson Joelinton 

I was feeling very good about this, but not so much after yesterday. Maybe it's the Longstaff factor. I can't really see us losing it either though. A hard fought 1-1 feels plausible. Would be another step towards success for us.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

I was feeling very good about this, but not so much after yesterday. Maybe it's the Longstaff factor. I can't really see us losing it either though. A hard fought 1-1 feels plausible. Would be another step towards success for us.

Longstaff back in contention this week! O0

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

What happened yesterday to make you not feel as good ?

Injuries to Saliba and Tomiyasu have contributed to them conceding 13 in 4 and at least two per game in recent weeks.

We'll get chances, but they're still absolutely dynamite going forward, so fully expect them to register too. 

Should be a cracking game, can't wait.

I don’t see Isak and Wilson both starting but it’s almost impossible to not start Wilson. Especially when we don’t have a fully match fit ASM. Callum is in ridiculous form and I could see him harassing their centre backs all day long, especially Holding. None of our players can offer the quality that Isak does going forward either. I’d start Isak centrally 9/10 but we don’t have an option as good as him for the left side, and not on the other side either. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Injuries to Saliba and Tomiyasu have contributed to them conceding 13 in 4 and at least two per game in recent weeks.

We'll get chances, but they're still absolutely dynamite going forward, so fully expect them to register too. 

Should be a cracking game, can't wait.

Best defence in the league! But yeah [emoji38]

Just now, Ikon said:

I don’t see Isak and Wilson both starting but it’s almost impossible to not start Wilson. Especially when we don’t have a fully match fit ASM. Callum is in ridiculous form and I could see him harassing their centre backs all day long, especially Holding. None of our players can offer the quality that Isak does going forward either. I’d start Isak centrally 9/10 but we don’t have an option as good as him for the left side, and not on the other side either. 

Yeah I think if it was a mid table side isak and Wilson would both start, no chance he starts them against Arsenal imo. 

I'm very torn about this. On the one hand we're playing extremely well, I like our chances against anyone at home, and they have wobbled a bit in recent weeks.

On the other hand I think people are a little too confident considering how good they've been this season. IMO we were quite fortunate to not concede and come away with a point at the Emirates. Defensively they now have question marks, but we are also looking a bit less sturdy at the back. The City game was the first time Arsenal have scored less than two goals since February. Before that they scored 3, 2, 2, 4, 4, 3, 3, 4, though I'd also say they've played some of league's worst defenses in that time. They've only failed to score twice this season - vs. us and randomly a trip to Goodison.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was 3-0, 0-3, or any scoreline in between those. I'm finding this impossible to call.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What happened yesterday to make you not feel as good ?

Not saying it's especially rational. Partly one of those 'TOO confident' vibes. But it does look like Longstaff is very key to our more traditional approach working.  IF he isn't playing, I worry about us getting sliced up. Unlike Southampton, Arsenal do know the right decisions to make.

Probably my nerves making me forget how crumbly Arsenal can be. But we also shouldn't forget what a hell of a game they gave us in January either.

48 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Arsenal will so not want this game at ours! 🥊🥊

They’ll still have PTSD from the last time they were here. We just need to recreate the same environment and they’ll be having flashbacks