Newcastle United vs. Arsenal: 07/05/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Not overly worried about Arsenal dicking Boehly's boys. Unlike Chelsea we have a strike force, and it's at home. Can't wait, can see both teams being up for it but if we're on it, Arsenal are getting rinsed.

First 20 mins will be wild. Both teams will be flying out of the blocks and how it settles down after that will determine the tempo of the game. All of the pressure will be on Arsenal to win it so we don't need to go mad as the longer it goes being tight the more they need to risk to win it. 

Disciplined from the start and pace off the bench to hit them on the break would be my way of doing it. They've got to win, lull them in and fuck them on the counter

Watching their game tonight just reaffirms my thoughts on them they are great going forward and their attacking movement will cause us issues but they can definitely be got at. 

Got to get on top early and get a lead. 

Need to play both Wilson and Isak. Dont see any reason not too. Will be getting a weeks rest now and neither has played the full 90 mins in previous matches. 

Both are in world class form and have previously shown that they compliment eachother well.

40 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Need to play both Wilson and Isak. Dont see any reason not too. Will be getting a weeks rest now and neither has played the full 90 mins in previous matches. 

Both are in world class form and have previously shown that they compliment eachother well.

Fully agree, we've noticed that in the last few games 

19 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Win this and we're in the champions League if my maths are correct

Even if Liverpool dropped 4 pts in their 2 games beforehand and Brighton lost to Man U, Brighton could still catch us. 

Earliest that it could happen is Monday with us winning, Brighton losing twice and Livarpool not winning either game 

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Gayle and Fraser finishing the game. :lol:

As much as they've improved since then, we're a completely different animal. Just look at the upgrades we've made from the starting lineup that day: Pope for Dubs, Trippier for Krafth, and Botman for Targett. That's before we even get onto Isak or the form Willock is in.

Let's fucking have them. 

10 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

As much as they've improved since then, we're a completely different animal. Just look at the upgrades we've made from the starting lineup that day: Pope for Dubs, Trippier for Krafth, and Botman for Targett. That's before we even get onto Isak or the form Willock is in.

Let's fucking have them. 

Loved that photo as well, Lascelles basically played a half last season due to Schär’s weekly concussion injury.

Not sure I’ve looked forward to a game as much as this, even Spurs.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Loved that photo as well, Lascelles basically played a half last season due to Schär’s weekly concussion injury.

Not sure I’ve looked forward to a game as much as this, even Spurs.

Same.

For me, Man City are still out of reach and Liverpool still have something over us, despite their poor season they still have more quality overall imo.

But Arsenal and Man Utd I think are two clubs we're very close to now on the whole. I know Arsenal and Liverpool probably should be the other way around, but next season for example I think we'll be nearer Arsenal than Liverpool. 

4 hours ago, Displayname said:

The reason not to, is wtf do you then do if that doesn't work? What's the Plan B?

The beauty of starting just one of them is you can change it if it's not working.

It's been working out for us the last few weeks so I don't see the need to change it now. Only if Longstaff is out would I consider starting them both.

20 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

😂

7 more points needed I'm afraid.

He could be correct by the time we play though. Perhaps he is just looking into the future, because if Liverpool lose both games before we play then a win would see UCL confirmed.

Just now, Wilson said:

6 really isn't it? 

2 wins and we're sorted. 

Not really. If we are assuming that Liverpool could potentially win all games by a couple of goals, and if we're saying we only get 6 points that would mean we would have lost 3, so the goal difference would nearly be identical at that point. 7 points guarantees they can't finish above us.

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

6 really isn't it? 

2 wins and we're sorted. 

That depends on Liverpool overhauling our GD, which if they win their next 5 you’d assume it’ll be very tight. 

I think Liverpool will slip up and get a draw somewhere at least, and I think we've still got another spanking or two to dish out before the end of the season, so I reckon 1 win will end up being enough in reality, takes the pressure off us massively if we can sneak a win against Arsenal on sunday, personally I think best we can hope for is a draw, but who knows, we've defied the odds so many times this season!

it would be such a shame to miss out on CL now, even though it would still be a tremendous season, on a side note its nice to see (hopefully) Pardews 65 point season over taken, the last of his legacy here.