Newcastle United vs. Arsenal: 07/05/23 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

3 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Bookies have us down as favourites. Late afternoon kick off, back holiday weekend so people will have a good drink inside them should see a proper bear pit atmosphere and if that happens there's a chance Arsenal could fold like they did last season.

In saying all that I'd take a draw now if offered!

How I see it too.

3 hours ago, Andybiotics said:

If Liverpool get 6 points before we kick off, does this game suddenly become "must win"?

If we win our games against Leeds and Leicester and get one point against Brighton I think no one can catch us for fourth place.

Only City and Arsenal have been better than us this year as the table shows. 

But if we play to our maximum like we did in that spurs first 20, a potentially demoralised Arsenal could crumble. Although not to the extent of spurs. 

However defensively we have looked really suspect of late and our attack has distracted from the soft goals we have been leaking. So we need to be right on it because Arsenal can rip through us if we aren't careful. 

5 hours ago, Andybiotics said:

If Liverpool get 6 points before we kick off, does this game suddenly become "must win"?

No, we can lose two games and still finish above a perfect Liverpool or Brighton. But if that happens and then we lose this place will be in full meltdown.

We play Leeds before Liverpool play again, so we will have an opportunity to put it back to 6 (or even 9). 

15 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

No, we can lose two games and still finish above a perfect Liverpool or Brighton. But if that happens and then we lose this place will be in full meltdown.

We play Leeds before Liverpool play again, so we will have an opportunity to put it back to 6 (or even 9). 

Nice knowing that Eddie Howe and his players will not melt down. Just like the Villa game, they’ll address what went wrong and bounce right back.

Could do with Partey getting suspended or taking a knock on Tuesday as he holds them together.

The way our defence is playing recently I’m not so confident in keeping them out. If we are to win we need to start with the same intensity as the spurs and Man U games and put our chances away. 

If Arteta has a brain, he'll know the title is going to City, and it makes massive sense to have Liverpool playing on Thursday nights next season. He should put out a weakened side.

Not that I'm worried, but it makes sense.

7 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

If Arteta has a brain, he'll know the title is going to City, and it makes massive sense to have Liverpool playing on Thursday nights next season. He should put out a weakened side.

Not that I'm worried, but it makes sense.

0% chance this happens. What team that is still in with any chance of the title puts out a weakened side?

Going to be a tough game. Tougher than last season. We will have to pass the ball a lot better and quicker than we did at the start of yesterday across the pitch. Hopefully Holding starts for them as could see a streetwise Wilson getting some change out of him. Probably going to have to rely on some Isak magic at some stage as bit concerned our midfield engine room is running with a a few valves not working. Glad we’ve a full week to rest for this one. Hopefully Willock is full of energy along with Joelinton as Bruno clearly struggling physically and Longstaff might struggle to return in time for this.

Be interesting to see what team Howe picks this game.

Assuming Longstaff is fit it's hard to see who he drops from midfield to fit in both Isak and Wilson.

With that in mind I expect Wilson to remain on the bench.

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Arteta just said Saliba has not improved at all with his injury, must make him a major doubt for our game.

He’s a huge loss for them at the moment. I’ve been invited to go to this but working sat and Sunday and won’t be able to get away in time 🤦‍♂️