Newcastle United vs. Brighton & Hove Albion: 18/05/23 @ 19:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, huss9 said:

botman and BDB both looked hesitant and as though they were completely shot of any confidence.

hopefully Howe will have seen it and worked his magic with them this wekk psychologically as well as physcially.

Most of our defensive frailties were down the right hand side. We'll can't defend like that v Mitoma and Estupinan.

I actually remember. That game against Forest. There was stat that popped up bottom left of the screen that said something like 'Goals conceded due to defensive errors/error' and we were top of the list with 0 (zero). What happens next? Forest score due to a Botman error. And since then, there have been a few more.

Biggest game in 20 odd years? I know we'd the cup final but CL football has a massive effect on our clubs immediate future. It could be very difficult to get there if Chelsea and Liverpool sort their shit out next season. 

Just now, Decky said:

Biggest game in 20 odd years? I know we'd the cup final but CL football has a massive effect on our clubs immediate future. It could be very difficult to get there if Chelsea and Liverpool sort their shit out next season. 

The amount of times one of us has said this since the takeover :lol:.

1 minute ago, Decky said:

Think staying up last season was more important but it’s big and could accelerate the project undoubtedly.

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

There was a lot of people saying not a chance we don't beat Leeds yet here we are 

If we beat Brighton, all of the crowd, players and the manager will know that just 1 win against a chronic Leicester team at SJP under the lights in the last home game of the season will secure CL. Completely different circumstances than were surrounding the game on Saturday.

Eddie has to get it spot on against these.

Ivdon’t think he will change our attacking zeal and directness but he could well have us much lower and tighter whilst they are in possession ( man city style defending).

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

If we beat Brighton, all of the crowd, players and the manager will know that just 1 win against a chronic Leicester team at SJP under the lights in the last home game of the season will secure CL. Completely different circumstances than were surrounding the game on Saturday.

I think regardless of the Brighton result we'll be heavy favourites against Leicester 

I just wouldn't say not a chance, football is a funny game, all it takes is an early red card or mistake

Too close to call. Called a draw a few month back, still looks a fair bet.

Was always sure of is that it would be a hard, probably not pretty (from our POV) game. Almost never have been against Brighton.

Was a De Zerbi played for Bastia against us, hopefully not an omen but that's the level of difficult this will be.

2 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Too close to call. Called a draw a few month back, still looks a fair bet.

Was always sure of is that it would be a hard, probably not pretty (from our POV) game. Almost never have been against Brighton.

Was a De Zerbi played for Bastia against us, hopefully not an omen but that's the level of difficult this will be.

Yep, I had a draw vs these and Leeds in the predictions.  And wins vs Leicester and Chelsea.  Somehow I’m a bit more nervy about a draw now though!  I still think Liverpool might drop points vs Villa

Would love a midfield of Joe,Bruno and Longstaff for this with St Max on the left and Isak through the middle. Think we’ve got the personnel to do it just needs everyone to be on it and no defensive lapses.

A win here would be YUGE!.

These players and club have talked about their desire for CL football, and this is crunch time if they want to realise that dream.

I'm wavering, but I hope the players are staying focused on their goal.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’m an optimist and I’m absolutely shitting it for Thursday. Not because I don’t think we can win but absolutely everything rides on this one match 

I'm exactly the same. :lol: Going into town early doors to soothe the nerves. Absolutely bricking it.