Newcastle United vs. Brighton & Hove Albion: 18/05/23 @ 19:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Said it before the Arsenal game, we need to start with either one of Wilson or Isak, not both. Bringing on either one from the bench is a damn more effective Plan B than any other Plan B we can muster. Opposition teams panic seeing eiher one coming on compared to seeing Murphy, Gordon or ASM.

Please have a good game plan for this, Eddie.

Edited by nufcjb

A lot of pressure to keep pace with teams trying to sneak in to top 4. Our goal difference could be a crucial element, but we need to avoid even getting to that point

3 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Going to this. Gonna be absolutely spewing [emoji38]

Same but got a 100% record so far this season so I’m clutching on to that as a comfort blanket. 

Hopefully start against them like we did last season. 

Get 1 up and they may wilt a little, especially if they get beat tomorrow too. 

Defensively these aren't great, unfortunately our defence isn't solid currently either. They have some injuries and hopefully get a few more or some red cards tomorrow. If we play like we did against Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal (with finishing being better) we will win. Both Everton and Forest have put a few past them these last couple of weeks. I think we are actually playing them at a good time. All on us to make this happen and hopefully the crowd will be at Arsenal levels from last season for this evening kick off. 

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

Will feel a lot better about this game if Arsenal turn them over today.

It's a weird one for me because then that would mean they'd need to lose 3 in a row for us to beat them

Has that happened to them much lately?

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Can only see a loss in this one at the moment, they move the ball so well. Haven’t watched them closely the last couple of games though. 

A loss? That’s not happening. We’re at home with everything to play for. They don’t score a lot of goals normally. It’ll be a tricky game as they’re very organised but we’re either winning or drawing 

Just now, gbandit said:

A loss? That’s not happening. We’re at home with everything to play for. They don’t score a lot of goals normally. It’ll be a tricky game as they’re very organised but we’re either winning or drawing 

Exactly this, they’ve just been taken apart at home to Everton and will likely lose today at Arsenal. Granted they are very good side but we’re not playing Man City and we’re at home. Being at home with the crowd is huge. 

17 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Can only see a loss in this one at the moment, they move the ball so well. Haven’t watched them closely the last couple of games though. 

It really doesn't matter who we are playing (seeing as it isn't Man City).

We have two home games coming up in a row.

We need to win both.

We W I L L win both !!!!

19 minutes ago, gbandit said:

They have scored the same amount of goals as us this season.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

They have scored the same amount of goals as us this season.

Surprised by that, I know they beat Wolves 6-0 recently but I just had a look at their other results and they’ve scored more heavily than I’d remembered. It’s odd as they don’t have a quality striker