Newcastle United vs. Brighton & Hove Albion: 18/05/23 @ 19:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

8 minutes ago, Ben said:

We all need to remember exactly what we did before the Spurs game and repeat that.

Would help if we had Spurs back line stepping in for Brighton on Thursday then.

Would be interested in a poll on how many would take a point here.

My gut feel is that I'd take one now if offered as it's a risky game and a point on the board is better than none.

5 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

My gut feel is that I'd take one now if offered as it's a risky game and a point on the board is better than none.

Not that a point would be bad, but I think there is only Man City where I would take a point before kick off.

4 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

I think we need a win personally. I'm not one of those who thinks a win away at Chelsea on the final day of the season is an easy fixture at all. Personally think even an overpaid bunch of prima donnas would fancy stopping us from getting CL football in front of their own fans, and they do still have some very good players.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I think we need a win personally. I'm not one of those who thinks a win away at Chelsea on the final day of the season is an easy fixture at all. Personally think even an overpaid bunch of prima donnas would fancy stopping us from getting CL football in front of their own fans, and they do still have some very good players.

I don’t think chelsea is easy but it’s easier than Brighton. 

2 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Weird game. Lose we win next 2 we defo qualify. Draw this we still need 2 wins to guarantee Top 4. Win massive.

Could still get there with a win and two draws but we’d need to thump Leicester to be sure of it. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t think chelsea is easy but it’s easier than Brighton. 

Chelsea is at their place, Brighton is at home. They also have less firepower, although I don't know that much about this new lad Ferguson. When we played them earlier this season they missed a hatful of chances, i'm hoping they might do the same again.

29 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think regardless of the Brighton result we'll be heavy favourites against Leicester 

I just wouldn't say not a chance, football is a funny game, all it takes is an early red card or mistake

Yet no one has a chance against Liverpool or Man United ffs. :lol:

Wouldn't take a point if offered now personally. We're at home. If we win this home match we'll put ourselves in a position where we need 1 more win to assure ourselves of top 4, and we play an absolutely rancid Leicester at home in our final home match of the season next, a night time match.

Its all on Thursday for me and am fucking shitting myself every time I think about it.

No way should anyone be accepting a point now for Thursday , we don’t want to be in a position where we need to go and win at Chelsea and that’s exactly what the scenario will be if we don’t beat Brighton.

Edited by Geogaddi

23 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

what’s the point. We’d still need six points to guarantee it. 

academic anyway as we will win.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We do look a bit short.

Home record and thousands of people will still bet on it I guess distorts it a little, was surprised Brighton were so long tbh but the bookies rarely lose.

24 minutes ago, TRon said:

I agree, pressure would be off the scale at Chelsea . Brighton is a tough match but we’re at home, I think we need to win the next two, let’s just get it done. 

I’m absolutely shitting it and anticipating the joy of a result in equal measure. Almost wish we were just 8th and had nowt to play for. 

Atmosphere is going to be electric you’d have thought. Gonna be a bit of a weird one as they’re a bit wank against teams sit deep and counter whereas we also like it fairly open. 

I wouldn't take a point cos I fancy us against anyone at SJP, but I don't think a draw would be the worst result in the world.

If we can't get a win against Leicester then it's the cliche 'well we don't deserve to X.' 

Then it's all on Chelsea where they've nothing to play for and we've everything to play for.