Newcastle United vs. Brighton & Hove Albion: 18/05/23 @ 19:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Brighton, such an odd side. Guess we don't know which side will turn up. Beat Wolves 6-0, lose to Everton 5-1, beat Arsenal 3-0.

Lets hope for a bit of help/luck from Leicester tomorrow too, and then hope we are on our game thursday night.

2 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Its reasonable just to say their Everton loss was a freak flash in the pan given every other game in their season

Aye, although they lost to Forest a week before, Fulham have also done the double on them. 

Just now, Ronson333 said:

Remember this Brighton side have lost to Forest and Everton in recent weeks.

Aye, I'd forgotten about the forest result a week or so ago, too.

48 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Gordon’s work rate has been non existent tbh, no way he starts imo. Can’t see Maxi simply because our fullbacks need as much protection as possible and he won’t provide it.

I acknowledge that re the full back but I'd risk it to get the best our of Isak and all season we've played that gamble when pressing that well bet our defending against your forwards. Also I've noticed Brighton sticking it through the middle a bit recently (V Man Utd and one other I can't remember, didn't see today's game) where the centre halves or deep mid slides it on the deck to a forward coming off the centre halves and simply laying it off to one side for an oncoming support player, so simple yet effective.

FWIW I thi k Eddie will go 433 as usual anyway.

If we try and press them like Arsenal did they will use it to their advantage like they did today. They play it out from the back but are so deep they draw the press high enough that it leaves a massive open space between our midfield and back line which is usually exploited by a long ball creating a 4v4 situation. They are truly beating the press meta right now, we will have to adjust our shape and/or style.

Edited by Nine

I would start Isak and ASM, they are much better players than the ones who scored five on the counter for Everton. Need a big game from Willock and whoever is on the right too.

17 minutes ago, huss9 said:

likley out for the season didnt Howe say?

love to get murphy back in on the right.

Did he say that? I thought was it was good news - just bruising 

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

If we try and press them like Arsenal did they will use it to their advantage like they did today. They play it out from the back but are so deep they draw the press high enough that it leaves a massive open space between our midfield and back line which is usually exploited by a long ball creating a 4v4 situation. They are truly beating the press meta right now, we will have to adjust our style. 

None of our defenders are particularly good in a 1 vs 1 situation. Would say Botman is the best the 4. If we get exposed multiple times in 1 vs 1s we’ll lose. 

2 minutes ago, duo said:

Did he say that? I thought was it was good news - just bruising 

“We could see him as early as next week potentially if he improves really quickly, (or) we might not see him at all. It’s unknown, but thankfully there’s no serious issue, it’s just time and letting that ligament heal.”

Just now, Rich said:

“We could see him as early as next week potentially if he improves really quickly, (or) we might not see him at all. It’s unknown, but thankfully there’s no serious issue, it’s just time and letting that ligament heal.”

dumb-and-dumber-theres-a-chance-gif.gif