Newcastle United vs. Brighton & Hove Albion: 18/05/23 @ 19:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I actually think a draw could help us! If we ship some goals past Leicester while Liverpool win by just 1 goal against Villa, 1p here could mean that all we need is a draw at the Bridge. Sure, Liverpool will beat Southampton, but I'm not sure if they will win by 6+ goals. Southampton probably don't want to end the seasong getting humiliated on their home ground, even if they don't have anything to play for. It's the last game, so why not give a little bit of a fight. I actually think Southampton could be more difficult for Liverpool than that embarrasing Leicester game. Not saying they would ever get a point, but maybe it wont be as ugly as we would expect. Soton have lost by more than 3 goals just once all season, and that was a 4-0 defeat away from home against Man City. Now if Liverpool manage to beat Villa by a margin then surely that would be scary.

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I actually think a draw could help us! If we ship some goals past Leicester while Liverpool win by just 1 goal against Villa, 1p here could mean that all we need is a draw at the Bridge. Sure, Liverpool will beat Southampton, but I'm not sure if they will win by 6+ goals. Southampton probably don't want to end the seasong getting humiliated on their home ground, even if they don't have anything to play for. It's the last game, so why not give a little bit of a fight. I actually think Southampton could be more difficult for Liverpool than that embarrasing Leicester game. Not saying they would ever get a point, but maybe it wont be as ugly as we would expect.

Fuck the risk. 2 wins, next to games please. Great home send off, playing at ease in London as qualifiers :indi:

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Fuck the risk. 2 wins, next to games please. Great home send off, playing at ease in London as qualifiers :indi:

Aye, going to Stamford Bridge needing something is the nightmare scenario for me. Win here, win on Monday, we can all put our feet up and go live in the transfer rumours thread.

5 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I just can't get myself to believe that it's going to happen. [emoji38] Somehow I take it for granted that it will be decided on the final day. But I'm just saying that because some people think a draw is the same as a loss, but the 1p can matter a lot too.

Edited by Erikse

No way should we start slowly or cautiously. I do not want to see my team who are in 3rd position in the league, chasing the ball, not in possesion and possibly veing outplayed by the team in 7th place in front of a full, sold out, evening crowd.

I think that's where Arsenal got it wrong on Sunday. A slow start, letting Brighton having plenty of the ball and trying to hit them on the counter was an away side mentality and approach which ultimately made the crowd anxious, frustrated and grumble. We cannot afford to let that happen.

Attack from the start and even if we don't get an early goal, we need to be in control of the ball and ultimately the game. Just don't let Brighton dictate it from the start.

Edited by nufcjb

I'm just not sure we have the players to control the ball under Brighton's pressing energy. Think it will inevitably be quite an open game, which might not be good for our defence. 

Anyway, the time for analysis is almost over, let's get at them!

17 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I actually think a draw could help us! If we ship some goals past Leicester while Liverpool win by just 1 goal against Villa, 1p here could mean that all we need is a draw at the Bridge. Sure, Liverpool will beat Southampton, but I'm not sure if they will win by 6+ goals. Southampton probably don't want to end the seasong getting humiliated on their home ground, even if they don't have anything to play for. It's the last game, so why not give a little bit of a fight. I actually think Southampton could be more difficult for Liverpool than that embarrasing Leicester game. Not saying they would ever get a point, but maybe it wont be as ugly as we would expect. Soton have lost by more than 3 goals just once all season, and that was a 4-0 defeat away from home against Man City. Now if Liverpool manage to beat Villa by a margin then surely that would be scary.

A draw could help us in the way that it's better than a defeat but nowhere near as helpful as a win.

21 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Debatable. Always loved Phoebe tbh, reminds me of an ex that was out of my league by galaxies of distance

There's an early window where Phoebe is sickeningly unreal.

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

What in the fuck is this bullshit.

It's like preferring Wilson to Isak. Both are good, but one is capable of a level of magic that the other just doesn't have.

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

It's like preferring Wilson to Isak. Both are good, but one is capable of a level of magic that the other just doesn't have.

It's Pardew Ian flashing briefly to the surface.

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

There's an early window where Phoebe is sickeningly unreal.

Fun fact: Lisa Kudrow was originally cast as Roz Doyle in Frasier, before they switched her for Peri Gilpin... Who was also extremely fit, especially if those first 6 seasons of Frasier. 

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Fun fact: Lisa Kudrow was originally cast as Roz Doyle in Frasier, before they switched her for Peri Gilpin... Who was also extremely fit, especially if those first 6 seasons of Frasier. 

A man of taste.

2 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

the fact that none of you have posted any Aniston screenshots from her stripping in 'We're the Millers' is disgusting

Honourable mention for Aniston in 'Horrible Bosses' too.

Edited by TK-421