Newcastle United 4-1 Brighton & Hove Albion (18/05/2023)

Yorkie

After tonight's game I am placing that Caicedo on fraud watch wherever he's playing next season, like. We targeted him all game and he got battered. Then he got to move into midfield and.... what on earth was he doing when Miggy got the ball for the 3rd? Just stood and plants himself into the ground very bizarrely so that Miggy can just knock it past him? Someone tell him this is how children defend :lol: 

image.thumb.png.593f0b03aa2ecde8a6b7246ac967fc3a.png

Massive thanks to De Zerbi for that teamsheet, by the way.

Even a pessimist like me suddenly gained confidence at that XI. Our lot played well, relentlessly hounding them for the ball. Every time Brighton were semi-promising they'd do a wayward pass.

Great boost for goal difference too.

Loved it when  Mccallister sportingly kicked it out when willock got injured.

Trippier threw it to Wilson who smashed it out for a goal kick so we could press them again rather than roll it back to them 😝

4 minutes ago, Smal said:

After tonight's game I am placing that Caicedo on fraud watch wherever he's playing next season, like. We targeted him all game and he got battered. Then he got to move into midfield and.... what on earth was he doing when Miggy got the ball for the 3rd? Just stood and plants himself into the ground very bizarrely so that Miggy can just knock it past him? Someone tell him this is how children defend :lol: 

he kept on winning fouls when he’d clearly lost the ball I remember there was one were Miggy had the jump on him and his just threw himself at the runner and the ref bought it 

Eddie called it. High press to start (that delivered goals as well) then selective press and at 2-1 when many, including me, were wanting Wilson off and fresh legs on saw that they weren't creating much for all their nice play (as a Brighton fan said on the way down Pink Lane) and it played out. Second half a little similar to Swansea away under Pardew.

What a crazy game. HTL!

I was literally like this everytime Brighton got the ball after their goal. 

Cleveland No GIF by Family Guy

Incredible tactical game. The high risk and cat and mouse nature of the highest of high presses was immensely stressful and tense. Literally seeing two focused teams trying to out maneuver and think the other was like a chess game for a period in that second half. I was just praying they didn't break free again like their first goal.

Bruno playing up to the crowd after his goal. He is such a ham. The crowd was immense, especially when needed in the second half 👏

Job well done. So close now. Let's hope we get Big Joe fit and maybe longstaff back for Monday. Hope willock can make it back for Chelsea but it looks unlikely.

Everyone get those votes in for Eddie for manager of the year..

Nice to see the rest of boys hang out in the stadium and the dressing room afterwards even though they're not part of the match day squad like Murphy, Krafth and Karius.

Edited by mikejaxer

Just watching it back... kudos to the commentator for 'Almiroff' :lol:

I'm definitely gona turn up late to the dining room tomorrow.  God bless working from home.

Edited by Wilson

Just had a quick skim through North Stand Chat a BHA forum and they don't seem to enraged.  It's not like they thought they were robbed, in fact they seemed to see it like we did.  They play lots of lovely football but don't create much when it matters.

1 hour ago, Smal said:

Bro, that’s not Caicedo. Estupinan, the left back.

8 minutes ago, Zero said:

Correct, and genuinely think he didn't have anything left in the tank at that point. Been run ragged by Almiron the entire game.

18 minutes ago, Zero said:

no it isn’t, it’s 100% Caicedo / #25. He’s already past Estupinian.

here’s another frame with his shirt number before he falls flat on his arse, bro

image.thumb.jpeg.dc1e77b650aca435d1d4ea1ad8ba74fe.jpeg

Edited by Smal

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

no it isn’t, it’s 100% Caicedo / #25. He’s already past Estupinian.

here’s another frame with his shirt number before he falls flat on his arse, bro

image.thumb.jpeg.dc1e77b650aca435d1d4ea1ad8ba74fe.jpeg

That wasn't his position for the whole game.  Jesus Christ man.