Newcastle United 4-1 Brighton & Hove Albion (18/05/2023)

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Previous fucking 10 combined. That is absolutely outrageous and sums up the turgid shite we'd dealt with for years.

Edited by SiLvOR

Forgot to mention how relentlessly irritating that fart sniffing hindsight merchant Andy Hinchcliffe was

That sarcastically inflected 'because it wasn't a penalty?' must have imploded every ovary within a 20 mile radius of SJP. 

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Forgot to mention how relentlessly irritating that fart sniffing hindsight merchant Andy Hinchcliffe was

That sarcastically inflected 'because it wasn't a penalty?' must have imploded every ovary within a 20 mile radius of SJP. 

He was fucking terrible like, don't think i've ever heard a positive thing come out his mouth :lol: 

Just now, 54 said:

He was fucking terrible like, don't think i've ever heard a positive thing come out his mouth :lol: 

I get the impression he thinks he's adding insight, but it's literally just the most basic level of hindsight you could imagine. 'Almiron should be doing better there, the 'keeper's going one way, he just needs to play that to the other side and it's a goal' - Fucking Howard Carter over here. 

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

His shit craic about "it doesn't matter if it's your first foul!" when Bruno got booked was just as bad. Referees these days constantly let stuck-on yellow card challenges away because "it's early" or "first one". Joelinton yesterday made 7 fouls without a card ffs. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Just been perusing the match thread on their forum, they're an arrogant lot for a club that had never finished in the top half of the top division before last season.

Potter fucking lost it with them when they booed after a game earlier this i think or end of last

22 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Just been perusing the match thread on their forum, they're an arrogant lot for a club that had never finished in the top half of the top division before last season.

BDB had the majority of them rattled with his over the top, classless celebration. :lol:

Just now, nemtizz said:

BDB had the majority of them rattled with his over the top, classless celebration. :lol:

Aye, that was just bizarre, he scored his first PL goal for his home town club in a crucial match for CL qualification, what did they expect? :lol:

Had a crap night's sleep - mainly due to being so wired after our win, and then watching the end of the Sheff Weds game (almost as intense!). :) Feeling good today despite being tired!

Still maintain that Brighton are a REALLY good side and I hope they finish in a European place. De Zerbi deserves praise for sticking to his game plan and the job he has done :thup:

36 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

"I'm such a big fan of corners that end up in a goal" - Andy Hinchcliffe.

Isn't he still the PL's most successful corner taker? Swear he was until fairly recently anyway. 

10 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Where do people watch the full games back? It's way too tease to say this without saying how :lol:

If you go to r/footballhighlights on reddit, and search for the thread for the game, it tends to have links to loads of different forms of highlights.

Edited by 54

Had a buddy from the US over yesterday, been a Toon fan since the 90s, but first times he's been since 2015 during the darkest Pardew years. He was absolutely blown away by the atmosphere in the Gallowgate and couldn't believe how the feeling of the club has changed.

We had a great day doing a pub crawl down the Ouseburn and up into town. Was even tempted into getting the Saudi shirt for £20 - the first toon shirt I've bought since 2010.

Brilliant day all-round. Just hope we finish the job now on Monday.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Was he the dude that played the CBs for Burn playing the striker onside?