Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Nah. :lol: Larne is where I live. Ground is a five minute walk away so I'll probably go to that for the craic.

HJK has been pretty awful this season. Got in the UEL groups last year and UECL groups year before though. I have no idea about Larne's level, but this first round could be interesting

Winner faces Norwegian side Molde, so no chance there most likely.

48 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Nah. :lol: Larne is where I live. Ground is a five minute walk away so I'll probably go to that for the craic.

Scratch this. Larne's ground is synthetic and wasn't up to scratch so they're having to play at Solitude, which is the home ground of Cliftonville. :lol: That's like Rangers having to use Celtic Park for European games.

5 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

So, what are the chances of realistically getting a ticket for these group games without being a season ticket holder?

If you’re a member, and you’re able to log on when they go on sale, you’ve arguably got more of a chance than for a high profile league game.

Still going to be difficult obviously, and you’d need an element of luck, but certainly not impossible.

16 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Feyenoord, Leipzig and Salzburg plz.

Both (/either) Red Bull teams? 🤮 Would rather play some real teams, like, seeing as we've made it here. 

Feyenoord, Madrid and Belgrade has a nice blend of big occasion, nostalgia, brand new experience and 'doability', so something like that would be great. 

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Asked this before and don’t think I got a response or if I did apologies I didn’t see it…

Do top 5 qualify for ECL this coming season in England?

Yes

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Asked this before and don’t think I got a response or if I did apologies I didn’t see it…

Do top 5 qualify for ECL this coming season in England?

Potentially. It depends on how English clubs do in Europe - the two countries with the highest coefficient will get an extra CL place each. Recently this would have been England and one of Spain or Germany but nothing is guaranteed.

And hopefully last question on this until the draw at least…

Why do I keep seeing people post Tweets/Images etc with Glasgow Rangers involved (and in Pot 3)?

What have I missed?

Rangers are in the qualifying rounds.

Those lists have little asterisk next to the teams that aren't qualified, but are currently projected to come through qualifying based on ranking. Obviously no guarentee.

If Rangers did come through they'd likely be in pot 3 owing to their strong coeffiecent (largely as a result of the run to the Europa League final).

Obviously all of those teams with the asterisk are not set in stone. Plenty other teams which could come through qualifying - and the final outcome exactly which teams would influence the final pot positions between 3 and 4.

Edited by ponsaelius

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Rangers are in the qualifying rounds.

Those lists have little asterisk next to the teams that aren't qualified, but are currently projected to come through qualifying based on ranking. Obviously no guarentee.

If Rangers did come through they'd likely be in pot 3 owing to their strong coeffiecent (largely as a result of the run to the Europa League final).

Obviously all of those teams with the asterisk are not set in stone. Plenty other teams which could come through qualifying - and the final outcome exactly which teams would influence the final pot positions between 3 and 4.

Thank you as always 👍🏻