Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

There’s no way we are that far in the eed

on PSR to need to sell Minteh and AN Other, I’m not even convinced we have breached without the sale and this is just making sure in case the PL play silly buggers with anything such as the Aussie tour.

another thing we could have done - and could still do to release some benefit over the summer is to agree free transfers for the likes of Hayden and Fraser and releasing the wages provision that we’ve booked. Only a couple of million in it but every little helps

8 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Has Barnes ever played on the right ?

I would like to see him tried on the right, he seems from highlight videos to be able to use both feet which many of our wingers aren't able to.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

I'd rather you don't see me as a Man United fan, but rather as just an excellent forum poster. 

:lol: sorry, but our best offer is to see you as a Manchester United fan.

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s the most talented RW we have in the squad. His ceiling is a £60m+ player in the weakest position we have in the squad. We could’ve sorted our weakest position in the squad with a £8m transfer. Instead we are likely to sell another player to fund a £30m+ RW that will be a significant FFP burden for another 4-5 years. Borrowing from Peter to pay Paul type stuff. 

It’s the best result all things considered. But it does suck.  Had we sold a player we were happy to sell, everyone would be happy. If Minteh was a CM, less people would care. We have lots of options there. We don’t at RW. 

Can only judge our business once the window closes, really. Even if we kept Minteh we'd need to buy a first choice RW option imo. Trying to finish top 4 with a 19 year old as first choice with no experience in the league would be a huge gamble. 

There seems to be relatively little genuine interest in Minteh considering we were desperate to sell and how highly rated some of our fans seem to think he is. 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It’s not going to be a big gun if someone does need to go. Will be Anderson, Wilson or possibly Trippier if we have to sell tomorrow 

No it won’t be a big gun. Why would we sell Minteh for £33m then Isak or Gordon for £80-£125m when we only need £30m-£40m? Just sell Longstaff to Leeds for £15m if we need some extra.

Edited by Joelinton7

Lets wait and see before getting upset about Minteh. At the end of the day if it protects Bruno, Isak and Gordon its a no brainer.

Rubbish all the same but at least we're not Villa selling their first choice CM after qualifying for Champs Lge... mental

If this isn't enough to avoid a points deduction, man. :lol:

Hopefully it's as near as dammit and we can shift a less crucial player (Anderson?) to make up the shortfall. 

3 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Depressing:

If this doesn't sum up how completely daft PSR rules are, I don't know what would. The richest club in the world, desperately scrambling to sell a player to fucking Brighton to avoid having points taken away, despite the fact they could probably buy Brighton a hundred times over, while others like Chelsea do what they want and just cover it with bullshit like selling themselves their own physical buildings. And why? To avoid certain red clubs facing more competition, what the fuck are they afraid of? It's fucking insane.

I just don’t get how we’ve left it so late and are now scrambling around to bring money in? It’s as if they were hoping someone activated Bruno’s release clause 

Just now, Yorkie said:

If this isn't enough to avoid a points deduction, man. :lol:

Hopefully it's a near as dammit and we can shift a less crucial player (Anderson?) to make up the shortfall. 

We should take the points deduction TBH, who cares. 

Selling him and still getting points deducted would be a disaster, i am disappointed that we are in a position where we have to give a good young talent like him to a rival, but the hope was it would solve all our problems.

Just now, Danh1 said:

I just don’t get how we’ve left it so late and are now scrambling around to bring money in? It’s as if they were hoping someone activated Bruno’s release clause 

I am wondering this. I'd genuinely prepared myself for him leaving. 

2 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

There’s no way we are that far in the eed

on PSR to need to sell Minteh and AN Other, I’m not even convinced we have breached without the sale and this is just making sure in case the PL play silly buggers with anything such as the Aussie tour.

another thing we could have done - and could still do to release some benefit over the summer is to agree free transfers for the likes of Hayden and Fraser and releasing the wages provision that we’ve booked. Only a couple of million in it but every little helps

Hayden and Fraser have already been written off.

55 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Do people really believe the club put out stories of Gordon being offered about to soften the blow of Minteh leaving?!😂

Incredible that people are actually believing that shit isnt it. [emoji38] Anything to soften the blow of us possibly being prepared to let a crown jewel go. I'd actually be more worried if that is what they actually have done today.

If we're still in trouble then it's absolutely appalling by the club and heads should roll.

Actually, the fact we were waiting until today is already appalling enough for action. Amateur at best.

Seems to me like we were banking on a major player to go. We've actually got lucky Minteh had the form he had.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Wait, so you think Minteh was the answer on our right side? You are that convinced of him already?

Not yet. I think Minteh has the potential to be a 60m+ RW and we’re selling him for £33m now because PSR is forcing us. Brighton think the same.  That’s shit on our end. 

I don’t think we are selling him because we want to. Do you ?

Just now, Yorkie said:

I am wondering this. I'd genuinely prepared myself for him leaving. 

Makes sense that it expired before the last week of June, giving the club a week to sell other players. 

It's not the outcome I wanted but if that's what's going down then there's no point twisting about it. I'd have loved to have seen him this summer and get him into the team but here we are. Can only hope they've made the right decision and we'll only know in time. The fact it's Brighton who've bitten on the deal is slightly disconcerting, they 100% know their shit when it comes to picking gems.

Let's just see

Good move for us, he's never played for us and we have made millions.

Could be great for them but could also be rubbish £30m is not the guarantee of success anymore and has become the kind off lots of potential but might still flop price.

I am sure there were some rumours of an attitude problem so that might have been a factor in the clubs thinking.

Would I have liked to see him in black and white, yes, but if he does make it in this league it will be a few years before he is a consistent performer and we haven't got the luxury of time to develop a player like that when we need agood season in the league and cups and European football if we want to keep far better players.

7 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Ignore the cunt, reports were we needed £30m and now shock horror the sly6 mouthpiece says we need more, sure the Swiss ramble said we needed about £30m I’m inclined to believe him over the sky idiot

The Swiss Ramble believed we needed £40 million, but that was a guess looking at previous years figures.

Even if it was £30 million and we sell Minteh for £33 million, we still have to knock off £5.6 million of that for what we owe on him through the books, so would still be slightly short.

I don’t know if his former club has a sell on clause either.

Edited by Matt1892

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Not yet. I think Minteh has the potential to be a 60m+ RW and we’re selling him for £33m now because PSR is forcing us. Brighton think the same.  That’s shit on our end. 

I don’t think we are selling him because we want to. Do you ?

I personally think shifting Minteh was always the plan, it's the exact same sort of model City follow.