Yankuba Minteh (on loan at Feyenoord)

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Thanks for sharing this, tweet summarised below:

Not unforgivable for a 18 year old imo, of course we will need to monitor his development closely though. 

Also:

"Odense fan here. I wouldn’t call Minteh a good passer. He plays with very high risk and always tries to beat his man. His decision making is not good. His pace is unique (at least in the danish league) that’s why he is interesting. But he is still very very raw."

As you say, poor decision making is forgivable for a raw talent.

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

What was wrong with the original title? Bleemin grammar/ formatting Nazis :huff:

Just thought it was worth chucking Hopey's name in there too. But we always put the source in brackets at the end, aye. :pow:

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Also:

"Odense fan here. I wouldn’t call Minteh a good passer. He plays with very high risk and always tries to beat his man. His decision making is not good. His pace is unique (at least in the danish league) that’s why he is interesting. But he is still very very raw."

As you say, poor decision making is forgivable for a raw talent.

Aye, it’s a low cost signing if it works out great, if not never mind. 

a moonshot if you will. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Just thought it was worth chucking Hopey's name in there too. But we always put the source in brackets at the end, aye. :pow:

To be fair, the consitancey and moderation of this place it what makes it much better then 99% of other football forums, so i'll allow it ;) 

This is such a Football Manager signing. Signing young promising players on a moderate fee and hope they develop into a real player, or sell them on down the line if don't.

I suspect we will see more of this type of signings

https://www.ob.dk/nyhedsarkiv/ob-taet-paa-salg-af-yankuba-minteh/

OB has for a long time been in close negotiations with a foreign club about the sale of Yankuba Minteh, and the negotiations have now reached such a stage that Yankuba Minteh will not be in the squad when we meet FC Midtjylland tomorrow.

Attacking player Yankuba Minteh will not be available to Andreas Alm when he selects the squad for Saturday's clash against FC Midtjylland, as we are close to selling the 18-year-old Gambian.

- It is a difficult decision, but with the risks and opportunities in this case, I have concluded that it is overall the best decision for OB, that he sit out the match against FC Midtjylland, says Björn Wesström, who is football director in OB.

Yankuba Minteh switched to Odense Boldklub in August 2022, and he has since played 17 games in the striped shirt.