Yankuba Minteh

8 minutes ago, jack j said:

25 million for a player who has had a half decent season in the Dutch league is tremendous money

If he was a feyenoord player and we were offering 25 million for him people would be saying it's a lot of money for someone unproven and they'd want him to be a squad player not thie elite right winger everyone keeps mentioning

We bought him for £7m

If he goes for £20m 

It’s not that great , but it’s something that obviously has to be done (forced into a PSR corner) 

Billionaire Beggars can’t be choosers 

Isn't the sale of Minteh just basically what Chelsea & Man City have been doing for years? Sign a promising player, loan him out and then sell for a profit. A steady stream of these type of deals means you don't really ever need to sell any of your stars (nobody wants the guff we've had swimming around our first team for the last few years). I've no doubt the club would prefer another loan deal but financial restraints mean otherwise.

Just now, KDT said:

Isn't the sale of Minteh just basically what Chelsea & Man City have been doing for years? Sign a promising player, loan him out and then sell for a profit. A steady stream of these type of deals means you don't really ever need to sell any of your stars (nobody wants the guff we've had swimming around our first team for the last few years). I've no doubt the club would prefer another loan deal but financial restraints mean otherwise.

Yes, it's exactly what he was intended for. 

5 minutes ago, KDT said:

Bang on 

10 minutes ago, Holloway said:

What if we flog Minteh to Everton and then later on in the window we accept bids for Wilson, Miggy and Longstaff,that would be a cunt wouldn't it 

Not really, as selling Minteh is to solve a problem we can't right now by selling Wilson, Miggy and Longstaff as nobody wants them right now.

We may still sell them later, and that will help with the fact they are all either too old/injury prone or not good enough, and then they'll (hopefully) be replaced with better.

But right now, Minteh is our only sellable asset (bar Bruno or Isak that we obvously need to keep/build on).

Edited by TK-421

13 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yes, it's exactly what he was intended for. 

I think these kind of signings will allow this option when necessary, but I don't necessarily think they will all be signed just for this purpose.

I'm sure we'll see some come through to the first team too.

Sell him to Ev, bank the profit. 
include a buy back.

next summer, buy him back.

effectively a 1 season loan, but Everton make a slight profit next summer, we also make a profit as the sale is included for PSR but the ‘repurchase’ is amortised. 

everybody wins.

Just now, NWMag said:

Sell him to Ev, bank the profit. 
include a buy back.

next summer, buy him back.

effectively a 1 season loan, but Everton make a slight profit next summer, we also make a profit as the sale is included for PSR but the ‘repurchase’ is amortised. 

everybody wins.

the beautiful game

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

We bought him for £7m

If he goes for £20m 

It’s not that great , but it’s something that obviously has to be done (forced into a PSR corner) 

Billionaire Beggars can’t be choosers 

Exactly this.  We must be desperate if we are willing to let him go for around £20m. I’m sorry £13m profit isn’t worth the risk of letting a kid with so much potential go

1 hour ago, KDT said:

Yes but 1. They have squads deep enough they can get rid of players that won’t get near their squad. We don’t have that luxury. Minteh would do a job in our squad and 2. They somehow manage to do it for more than a £12m profit 

Buy back clause is all well and good, but remember that the player is not obligated to accept, it is only a pre-agreed fee between the clubs that the buying club can't reject later. If he has a great season and Everton accepts a bid from another club too, there's no guarantee we'll be able to bring him back - and quite frankly - why would he want to when we were effectively just using him as a means to improve our spending limit.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

I think these kind of signings will allow this option when necessary, but I don't necessarily think they will all be signed just for this purpose.

I'm sure we'll see some come through to the first team too.

Perhaps in our case but Chelsea for sure sign so many that they know only a few will play any amount of games for them and the rest are just assets to trade off.