Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

1 hour ago, wyn davies said:

This situ will place AC Milan into an unrecoverable position along with  the Italian FA, further all Italian players are now going to be suspect , along with Italian transfers to clubs outside Italy well and truly collapsing, there's gonna be a massive fallout and I can see clubs elsewhere in Europe with Italian players going through them with a fine toothed combe.  Milan may as well come clean about what they knew, things are going to get very sticky, wonder if his girlfriend has thought about ditching him and what did she know.

Perfect time to slide into Juliette’s DM’s on Instagram and see if she fancies meeting up in a local Spoons for a drink

I wonder what sort of monster lawyers the club have representing Tonali currently!? He’ll have to get some sort of punishment but who does the punishing? The Italian FA don’t have a remit over players playing in the Premier League. So if it’s with UEFA, then that’ll be a bigger process which opens the opportunity for our top legal counsel to wrap them up in litigation. Likewise the FA can’t act on something that happened elsewhere.

It's not straight forward.

How come this has happened virtually straight away whereas Paqueta has been investigated for months and it took Toney months to get a ban

I see an old Tonali facebook post from 2011 is doing the rounds now, desperate to kick a man when he's down. No idea how legitimate it is

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

How come this has happened virtually straight away whereas Paqueta has been investigated for months and it took Toney months to get a ban

I see an old Tonali facebook post from 2011 is doing the rounds now, desperate to kick a man when he's down. No idea how legitimate it is

Wouldn't he have been like 10? [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

?

3 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Translates as 'Nothing more beautiful than being reunited with your family' 

As mentioned above Tonali would have probably been 11 or 12 years old. 

Wahey marvelous... Although yes, I'm not going to hold that against him if he was 11. Honestly thought it was a typo when you first said 2011.

Edited by 80

I know similar has already been said but the concept of banning a player from training as well is so insanely counter-productive. You're giving a 23 year old millionaire confirmed gambler what could be an entire year of time to fill with as little daily structure as possible? Genius, that.

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

I’m sure that’s the way the cloob and Eddie will look at it. Like Big Joe, Sandro rising from his own ashes! :indi:

Maybe Mbappe has some gambling issues that we can take advantage of and bring him here.[emoji38]

6 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Being banned from playing football (a game I assume they like playing) for long periods of time?

I would argue if they are still getting paid £100k a week it isn't enough of a deterrent.  Even a reduced wage - otherwise they are just basically getting paid to do nothing.

Edited by duo

Having watched the press conference through in its entirety, I feel encouraged that the club is doing the right thing by sticking by the player. It's neither right nor wise to look for some way of bailing out and cutting our losses. 

Part of Eddie's success has been to generate good values of team spirit, self-improvement and, for want of a better word, kindness. Difficult though it may be, we have to stick with those values, no matter what the cost.

I was starting to have big doubts about the player, as some of you will have picked up. His career at Milan had been erratic, and I was getting a bit pessimistic about how things were developing here. Now that this stuff about an addiction has come up, it's all making sense. These compulsions can really drain a person's mental energy and self-esteem, and there seemed to be some major issue with his confidence on the pitch. It was all looking a bit stuck, but now maybe there's a way forward, even if it may be a more difficult one that we were supposing.

3 hours ago, wyn davies said:

This situ will place AC Milan into an unrecoverable position along with  the Italian FA, further all Italian players are now going to be suspect , along with Italian transfers to clubs outside Italy well and truly collapsing, there's gonna be a massive fallout and I can see clubs elsewhere in Europe with Italian players going through them with a fine toothed combe.  Milan may as well come clean about what they knew, things are going to get very sticky, wonder if his girlfriend has thought about ditching him and what did she know.

All fair points like, I think it’s likely she’s put a hit out on him

3 hours ago, wyn davies said:

Disagree really. Italian players don’t travel much anyway.