Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

I hate writing players off this early, but it's fairly obvious he's not suited to an Eddie Howe style team. We should have used the money elsewhere, on Jeremie Frimpong.

You're joking, right?

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I hate writing players off this early, but it's fairly obvious he's not suited to an Eddie Howe style team. We should have used the money elsewhere, on Jeremie Frimpong.

Eh? Please tell us you're pulling our legs. All 2 of them.

Watched the game back and he didn’t do so well, but the same can be said for a lot of the side. We really struggled with Villa’s pace in behind and the slow build up / quick transition from defence to attack. Hopefully Eddie will learn from this before the league game and adjust. 

My observations from the 45 minutes he played with Bruno is that it didn’t work at all. In a similar vain to when Longstaff was injured and we just lacked something on the right ride of the midfield three. Both Bruno and Sandro seem to keep taking each others positions and looked like they didn’t know which one of them was doing which role. However, it’s the first start together and that’s what pre-season is for - let them iron this out and get the connection established and I’m sure we’ll be fine 

Just now, andyc35i said:

Watched the game back and he didn’t do so well, but the same can be said for a lot of the side. We really struggled with Villa’s pace in behind and the slow build up / quick transition from defence to attack. Hopefully Eddie will learn from this before the league game and adjust. 

My observations from the 45 minutes he played with Bruno is that it didn’t work at all. In a similar vain to when Longstaff was injured and we just lacked something on the right ride of the midfield three. Both Bruno and Sandro seem to keep taking each others positions and looked like they didn’t know which one of them was doing which role. However, it’s the first start together and that’s what pre-season is for - let them iron this out and get the connection established and I’m sure we’ll be fine 

Didn't see the game but wasn't that also in a middle 4 which we probably won't see much.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Didn't see the game but wasn't that also in a middle 4 which we probably won't see much.

It was a very odd shape and I suspect he tried it to counteract the Villa style. Targett seemed to be getting forward far more than Trippier did and Almiron and Anderson taking up a lot of central positions. I thought Anderson played really well mind 

Just now, andyc35i said:

It was a very odd shape and I suspect he tried it to counteract the Villa style. Targett seemed to be getting forward far more than Trippier did and Almiron and Anderson taking up a lot of central positions. I thought Anderson played really well mind 

Possibly, it may have been just to get them playing together to learn a bit about each other and for the rest to get a bit of sharpness.

Rain on me. But I wanted neves and tielemans for our mdf role. Financially both wouldn't have cost as much as tonali cost us (transfer fee and wages inclusive). Yeah you could argue that tonali has more room for improvement, better future but these duo are more pl proven, save us money and has the basic ability required for the team. Mind you, I won't argue much and go deep into this coz I am atleast ok with tonali (he was my 2nd choice for mdf) deal unlike livramento and Harvey Barnes

4 minutes ago, Ottoman said:

Rain on me. But I wanted neves and tielemans for our mdf role. Financially both wouldn't have cost as much as tonali cost us (transfer fee and wages inclusive). Yeah you could argue that tonali has more room for improvement, better future but these duo are more pl proven, save us money and has the basic ability required for the team. Mind you, I won't argue much and go deep into this coz I am atleast ok with tonali (he was my 2nd choice for mdf) deal unlike livramento and Harvey Barnes

Hang on, I thought ‘average’ PL performance wasn’t good enough?  And Tielemans wasn’t even average last year.

Can Frimpong play centre mid?

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m starting to wish we were never taken over, don’t think the football section has ever been this bad. 

I've seen the universe where the club is still grimly trying to hold on to top flight status under Ashley and we're all still here posting more frequent+disturbing "ironic" posts involving self harm over football. :lol:

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m starting to wish we were never taken over, don’t think the football section has ever been this bad. 

This summer has been the absolute pits. 

3 minutes ago, thomas said:

I've seen the universe where the club is still grimly trying to hold on to top flight status under Ashley and we're all still here posting more frequent+disturbing "ironic" posts involving self harm over football. :lol:

That's a pretty positive universe if it still has us in the top flight under Ashley.

Eddie was trying a new formation in the 1st half that happened to create a lot of empty spaces in midfield, and Aston Villa exploited those spaces, so IMO we can’t read much into Tonali and Bruno’s individual performances. Let them play together for a few games in our 4-3-3 and the we can judge their performance as a duo. 

A fair amount if not all of the writing-off posts are whooshes, whether that’s about Tonali or someone else. Everyone’s just bored out of their minds. Can’t wait for the season to begin, stopped caring in detail about the transfer window 

Jesus Christ. 

it’s a fucking pre season friendly. Not only that it’s a very early one. 

Amazed at the amount of bed shitting going on. 

Players who have never played with their new teams before.  It takes a while.