NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

6 minutes ago, andycap said:

So you want transfers of good players coming in but don't wanna sacrifice miggy because he deserves a chance in champions league? He's one of our only saleable assets that commands a good price plus he's pushing 30.

Plus it was a purple patch last year. There's a higher ceiling with maxi. 

Sell them both to Saudi and finance taking the squad to the next level.

I know I sound like an old timer but we need to be more Keegan... 

People quibbling about selling Maxi or Miggy would never had coped with his ruthlessness for improving the team.

Quinn, Kelly, Cole, Ferdinand to finally nailing Shearer.

Everyone a massive fans favourite but he somehow got everyone onboard and believing in him... Even though he broke my young heart when he sold Cole!

0_8.jpg

We should be focusing on a left back now. As much as i love Dan Burn he is our weak link in the back 4 and will struggle massively in Europe. If we can get a top tier LB then push for another midfielder Szobo or Maddison. Then prioritise a CB and backup striker, someone who can play anywhere along the front 3. That would be the perfect window IMO. In regards to the debate if we should sell ASM or Miggy, i think this depends on who our next midfield purchase is. If its a szobo type who works hard then i would sell Miggy but if it was a maddison type then i would sell ASM. The way Howe sets his team and tactics up, he wont have 2 players at anyone time playing who doesnt fully press all the time. 

You need to know when to sell. The only one we really got right in recent times is Carroll. We struck when white hot and got far more than his worth.

Cisse, dyer, Jenas,Bellamy & Tiote spring to mind when thinking of players we didn't sell at the right times. Longstaff would have been on that list as well, but I wouldn't sell him, not now, so maybe one we got right (by accident)

12 minutes ago, SteV said:

So he’s basically only had one notable injury?

He missed half of the 21/22 season with a very bad ligament injury and has struggled since, missing 14 games last season. If you don't think that's a worry then fair enough

4 minutes ago, WinstonFC said:

He missed half of the 21/22 season with a very bad ligament injury and has struggled since, missing 14 games last season. If you don't think that's a worry then fair enough

I trust the medical team to do their due diligence. And it’s also how we’ll get him at a cut-rate price like we did Isak. 

2 minutes ago, WinstonFC said:

The only concern would be if he’s sufficiently recovered from that ACL, not just in simple fitness, but has it diminished any of his attributes?

All the other ‘injuries’ listed are nothing to worry about IMO.

The gamble comes with answering that first question.

In completely unrelated news that plane that we're sending to Cluj for Tonali's medical is then flying onto Roskilde in Denmark which is a 20 minute drive from Joachim Anderson's hometown of Solrod Strand.

17 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

People quibbling about selling Maxi or Miggy would never had coped with his ruthlessness for improving the team.

Everyone a massive fans favourite but he somehow got everyone onboard and believing in him... Even though he broke my young heart when he sold Cole!

0_8.jpg

To be fair .. that Cole sale sent this then 11 year old to bed in tears ?

19 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

0_8.jpg

Venison, Fox & Sellars also. Were brilliant for us getting to 3rd and 6th but we upgraded to take the step up to genuine title contenders. 

12 minutes ago, KDT said:

In completely unrelated news that plane that we're sending to Cluj for Tonali's medical is then flying onto Roskilde in Denmark which is a 20 minute drive from Joachim Anderson's hometown of Solrod Strand.

I live nearby. Should I head out there with my camera?

21 minutes ago, KDT said:

Massive festival on in Roskilde, starts this weekend.

Maybe Tonali is the end of our transfer business and they're off to celebrate by getting absolutely fucked for a week?

51 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

You heard of this thing called a squad? He’s also currently our starting right forward. We do need to move players out, but those that do move at this point in time are going to be a lot lower down the rungs of squad importance. Our current predicament ffp wise, is going to be solved by growing commercial revenue IMO, not selling players from our current first 11.

At this minute in time there's not a better time to sell miggy after last season. If we keep hold of him it could scupper any chance of say a chiesa coming in. And if the migster returns to his old form we'll get fuck all for him. 

The squad depth/morale arguments are sound, IMO. When it comes to morale, ultimately EH has to judge whether moving on x player is going to spoil the vibez. The moral argument doesn't stand up, however, if it's a good deal for the club then move them on. There's going to be a lot of that, I expect, because EH gets players over-performing and they'll be more likely to attract interest.

Pretty wise move targeting more players from Italy to help Tonali settle. I’m sure the relationship between Bruno and Joelinton is one of the reasons Bruno settled so quickly. 

Edited by Holmesy