NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

27 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If the options are:

Trippier plays 40 games and Manquillo/Krafth play 15 games & new left-back plays 40 games and Targett 15 (Burn returning to the CB pool)

Or

Trippier plays 40 games and Livramento plays 15 games & Burn plays 40 games at left-back and Targett 15, what would you prefer?

Ideally we get both, but left-back is more important for me if it's one or the other. 

I would take this. We have no idea what is Krafths level after injury. Funnily that might be true for Livramento also. 

Difficult to make assumptions on Krafth. He might come back stronger than he has been or to where he was before being injured. Obviously Howe wants him to take his time after such an injury. He’s unlikely to take part any time soon, so he’s more less out of the picture for now then you’re looking what we have there, which just leaves you with manquillo and Trippier with Ashby probably likely going out on loan, particularly if we do sign somebody there. 

Edited by Geordie Boyo

8 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Difficult to make assumptions on Krafth. He might come back stronger than he has been or to where he was before being injured. Obviously Howe wants him to take his time after such an injury. He’s unlikely to take part any time soon, so he’s more less out of the picture for now then you’re looking what we have there, which just leaves you with manquillo and Trippier with Ashby probably likely going out on loan, particularly if we do sign somebody there. 

I think the injury has been worse than most expected. I’d loan him out in January if there’s any possibility of that, if we get through the League Cup and CL group games relatively unscathed and see where the squad is at. If we’re out of 3 competitions relatively early then we could put him in the shop window for next summer. If we’re still going strong in a few, E.g. Europa League and FA Cup, I’d owe him for depth.

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Don’t think Krafth is good enough to rely on for any period of games next season.

For whatever reason is recovery has been slower than hoped from the snippets you hear. That couple with any concerns they have about his ability leads to the Livramento link. I think we need a new starting left back and cover at right back but I’m not convinced we get both. We also need cover at right CB as no chance Schar and Botman play every game next season and I’d be worried with Lascelles coming in.

21 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

For whatever reason is recovery has been slower than hoped from the snippets you hear. That couple with any concerns they have about his ability leads to the Livramento link. I think we need a new starting left back and cover at right back but I’m not convinced we get both. We also need cover at right CB as no chance Schar and Botman play every game next season and I’d be worried with Lascelles coming in.

That obviously isn’t going to happen though. Getting a new left back frees up Burn to be a backup CB. Which is fine.

In terms of right back, we should probably be looking for a player who can cover RCB and RB… what’s Aaron Hughes doing these days?

23 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

That obviously isn’t going to happen though. Getting a new left back frees up Burn to be a backup CB. Which is fine.

In terms of right back, we should probably be looking for a player who can cover RCB and RB… what’s Aaron Hughes doing these days?

Burn is ok as a LCB backup, but we need a right footed cb behind Schär.

8 minutes ago, Slim said:

I'm convinced this is because we know who we want and trying to get deals across the line for what other clubs see as unobtainable or settled players.

It would be easy to buy 'any available' player to simply fill a squad place but then you end up needing to replace them and buy twice.

Let's see where we are in a few weeks time and ignore the likes of Luke Edwards screaming the sky is falling!

7 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I'm convinced this is because we know who we want and trying to get deals across the line for what other clubs see as unobtainable or settled players.

It would be easy to buy 'any available' player to simply fill a squad place but then you end up needing to replace them and buy twice.

Let's see where we are in a few weeks time and ignore the likes of Luke Edwards screaming the sky is falling!

Nah, it's because we're done now. There is no news.

Sorry to hark back to the previous few pages, but I haven't been on here all weekend and this story made me blink twice; the HTT you're mentioning in this Bramble story...is it the poster from here HTT (who I haven't seen post in ages come to think of it)?

Edited by Stal

11 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

How many skunkers alumni post on here? Half them must be one foot in the grave at this point.

Aye. Posting under a different tag here though. Skunkers was the nonpareil of message boards. In a time before twitter etc. It's good that some boards have survived

This is my memory of Bramble, seems to differ from what I’ve read. Following a return from injury:

Game 1 - Bit rusty, few hairy moments, did OK

Game 2 - Solid enough

Game 3 - Nearly cost us there

Game 4 - That was a horrible clanger

Game 5 - OMG Titfuck Bumble WHAT HAVE YOU DONE???

Game 6 - Solid enough

Game 7 - Really good game

Game 8 - tremendous

Game 9 - injured

injury meant he wouldn’t usually get to games 7 or 8.

Robson and Souness are the worst managers he could have, I seem to recall he did well for Roeder.

he could have been a world beater - I think Howe would have got him to that point.

Edited by James