NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Loan with obligation would do

Chelsea are no mugs on the selling side of their operation. Getting Hall without vastly overpaying was never on the cards, especially to what they will consider a top CL competitor.

Just now, duo said:

Does it not feel like we seem the only club affected by FFP?  Chelsea - no CL, Spending, Liverpool - no CL, Spending, Villa - no CL, Spending

Chelsea - Way more commercial revenue plus have brought in about £200-250m in sales

Liverpool - Way more commercial revenue plus sold Henderson & Fabinho, also haven't spent much more than us

Villa - Sold Grealish for £100m few seasons back

Just now, duo said:

Does it not feel like we seem the only club affected by FFP?  Chelsea - no CL, Spending, Liverpool - no CL, Spending, Villa - no CL, Spending

Look at their other revenue. Chelsea and Liverpool loads of advertising/sponsorship revenue. Villa have at least 130mill of clear profit  transfer sales in the past 3 years.

2 minutes ago, duo said:

This question getting floated daily is starting to grind my gears. :lol: 

It’s been covered dozens and dozens of times already. All of those clubs sell players for massive profits. We don’t. Grealish alone bought Villa like what? three seasons? of essentially unlimited spending. 

They’re also all much further along in commercial deals than we currently are. 

22 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

This question getting floated daily is starting to grind my gears. :lol: 

It’s been covered dozens and dozens of times already. All of those clubs sell players for massive profits. We don’t. Grealish alone bought Villa like what? three seasons? of essentially unlimited spending. 

They’re also all much further along in commercial deals than we currently are. 

Can we not just move FFP brick by brick to Beamish?

49 minutes ago, duo said:

No, we just bring in far less commercial revenue and/or don't have sellable assets we can afford to get rid of.

Have a look at Wolves and Everton for when it's not managed well.

If we can secure CL for another season I think we could see a big difference, another season of increased revenues, you'd assume better commercial deals plus some of our good players I'd imagine we would be in a position to move on. 

Looking at the money PIF are throwing around in Saudi can you imagine the type of deals we would be in for of FFP wasn't an issue.

This feels more organic and ultimately will be more satisfying if we do win something but is frustrating and it feels like we have one arm tied behind our backs so to speak. 

I'm a bit surprised that we've only added two players so far. In a way we've improved the depth of our squad with +1 only. Still time before the window closes and most important is to get the right players in obviously. I just thought we'd attack" the window slightly more agressively. Howe would have wanted more players in early, like every other manager wants for preseason. Prices have gone bananas doesn't help really. Hopefully we can get the numbers and quality in before the end. As of now it's looking rather thin in a few areas. Can't wait for some new players to add to this squad.

5 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I'm a bit surprised that we've only added two players so far. In a way we've improved the depth of our squad with +1 only. Still time before the window closes and most important is to get the right players in obviously. I just thought we'd attack" the window slightly more agressively. Howe would have wanted more players in early, like every other manager wants for preseason. Prices have gone bananas doesn't help really. Hopefully we can get the numbers and quality in before the end. As of now it's looking rather thin in a few areas. Can't wait for some new players to add to this squad.

Aye. We don’t look to be addressing RW. Early in the window we were looking at 2x CMs that seems to have gone - maybe partially down to Anderson’s development over the summer. We’ve had some links over the whole back line.  But most of these have been for youngsters who probably don’t start.

6 minutes ago, Ikon said:

If you consider Tonali the Shelvey replacement (upgrade) we’ve not actually added to the numbers at all. What we do have though is versatility and I assume Howe is quite happy relying on a smallish group of players who play a lot of games, ad he has shown by being slow to introduce players after coming in or back from injury.

14 hours ago, Tisd09 said:

If we can secure CL for another season I think we could see a big difference, another season of increased revenues, you'd assume better commercial deals plus some of our good players I'd imagine we would be in a position to move on. 

Looking at the money PIF are throwing around in Saudi can you imagine the type of deals we would be in for of FFP wasn't an issue.

This feels more organic and ultimately will be more satisfying if we do win something but is frustrating and it feels like we have one arm tied behind our backs so to speak. 

Agree.  Years and years of extremely poor management, lack of investment and terrible decisions are ultimately to blame, not FFP.  The club was totally fucked when they took over. We had got to the point where we had virtually no players of any resale value.  Howe has improved many of the players he inherited but aside Joelinton the rest are not at their peak in terms of sale value or age (Wilson, Almiron etc).   Obviously some of the new players who came in (Botman, Bruno etc) have the potential to significantly increase in value.

We have to accept that selling will be one way of playing catch up, so if a big bid came in for Bruno for example at the end of this season, I think we would have to seriously look at it.   We just have to trust there is a pipeline of younger players with significant potential on the radar to support this model. 

Commercial revenue will also take a while to build as well..  Success on the pitch will certainly help with that. 

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

Need to stop with this nonsense of Livramento and Trippier potentially playing left back - both are right backs - end of  

Aye and Joelinton is a striker 

I'm not too worried about the midfield / attack, obviously you always want better than you have, but there's a lot of options there now.

Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton; Barnes, Isak, Almiron

Then can add in Anderson, Longstaff, Willock, Gordon, J Murphy, Wilson, and there's a lot of versatility with many being able to play multiple positions, e.g. Big Joe being able to go left etc. Miley could well get a few more 10 minute cameos than expected, and maybe even start the odd cup game / possible dead rubber Euro match. One more addition wouldn't hurt, but we can effectively name 2 XIs of front 6 players and there wouldn't be a significant drop off in quality, and that should be enough to cater for the extra matches this season, assuming there's no horrific injury crisis.

The defence is a different matter because Manq/Kraft-Lascelles-Dummett-Targett as a potential PL back four is horrifying, you'd think only really Targett was of adequate quality, and if any of the other 3, or worse, 2 at the same time, were to come in, then it would seriously impact games and expected outcomes. We probably can get by with Burn and Targett as the 2 LB options this season as they are at least decent enough to start / come in, but adding a RB and a CB is an absolute must, but that's largely common knowledge, and hopefully it's addressed soon.

8 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Need to stop with this nonsense of Livramento and Trippier potentially playing left back - both are right backs - end of  

To be fair, Trippier regularly plays left back for England. Livramento is also capable of playing further forward.

Not something to do on the regular, but it's another option.

30 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I’m delighted with the signings of Tonali and Barnes, however with just a over a week to go to the season, I’d argue we haven’t strengthened any of the weakest parts of our starting 11 (LB and RW for me). Fingers crossed we can get them before the window closes although as it stands I don’t expect us to sign either of those positions.

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m delighted with the signings of Tonali and Barnes, however with just a over a week to go to the season, I’d argue we haven’t strengthened any of the weakest parts of our starting 11 (LB and RW for me). Fingers crossed we can get them before the window closes although as it stands I don’t expect us to sign either of those positions.

Agree totally.

15 hours ago, The Prophet said:

No, we just bring in far less commercial revenue and/or don't have sellable assets we can afford to get rid of.

Have a look at Wolves and Everton for when it's not managed well.

The still try to strangle our future commercial revenues through FMV though. FFP & FMV should be challenged legally!!