NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Yeah, I think the ASM <> Barnes switch is a complex one to assess. Long-term, it’s probably the right decision but it’s certainly not what you can immediately call an upgrade, unless you account for their injury records. With that, you can see it as an upgrade. Livramento and Tonali are both huge signings. Overall, we’re in a relatively strong place going into the season. We clearly don’t have the financial structure in place to be getting top players at LB and RW so I think it’ll be up-and-coming potentials that we sign or loans with options-to-buy from here 

It can't be understated how important it is that we are signing versatile players:

Gordon RW, LW, 10, ST

Barnes RW, LW, 10

Tonali, DM, CM

Livramento RB, LB, RW?

We aren't signing one position, we are covering a range of areas.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

I've always thought the same thing re Bruno getting caught in transition with the way we press forward, I think this is where a lot of his fouls come from. But I wonder if Eddie is looking at all three midfielders defending according to their position on the pitch rather than have an out and out athletic defensive mid?

Yeah, maybe. I do think we also get more creativity to open up defences with Bruno as an 8 as he seemed more of a forward threat when in the team with Shelvey deeper.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Be shocked if Almiron scores 10 or more league goals next season.  

I’ve watched enough football in my life to know that at least 2 of those lads don’t have top level ability. Like Significant technical limitations. 

Miggy's main weakness is his shooting, but he does still get goals. It will cost quite a lot to replace him, and given his other qualities re pressing, work rate, defensive willingness, I can understand why it's not the priority right now.

We could have had Diaby remember, but while he's far better going forward, he's supposed to be a liability going the other way. I think he'll suit Villa far better than he ever would have us.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, maybe. I do think we also get more creativity to open up defences with Bruno as an 8 as he seemed more of a forward threat when in the team with Shelvey deeper.

Yeah for sure we do miss that side of his game when he's sitting deep. But it's been pointed out that sitting deeper he gets time to orchestrate from the back so it's swings and roundabouts.

I like Miggy, and I think Gordon can grow and do well at RW too. None of them offers what I’d ideally want in a new RW though. That is creativity and flair. A player that can help us to beat teams that sit very deep. Think teams will be less naive against us this coming season. Especially the lesser teams. Would love a creative right sided player that is relatively pacey and has the technical ability and imagination to a bit more unexpected, and I don’t mean someone in the mould of ASM. 

5 minutes ago, STM said:

It can't be understated how important it is that we are signing versatile players:

Gordon RW, LW, 10, ST

Barnes RW, LW, 10

Tonali, DM, CM

Livramento RB, LB, RW?

We aren't signing one position, we are covering a range of areas.

I think it was the Chelsea friendly in the second half where we had Isak, Gordon and  Joelinton playing wide left at different points. It is difficult to pick runners up that way.

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I like Miggy, and I think Gordon can grow and do well at RW too. None of them offers what I’d ideally want in a new RW though. That is creativity and flair. A player that can help us to beat teams that sit very deep. Think teams will be less naive against us this coming season. Especially the lesser teams. Would love a creative right sided player that is relatively pacey and has the technical ability and imagination to a bit more unexpected, and I don’t mean someone in the mould of ASM. 

Honestly think Chiesa completes the front and Tierney/Todibo completes the back. 

that would give us an excellent squad who could challenge for top 4 and a cup again. 

Tierney and Chiesa on high loan to buys. 

Todibo could possibly be permanent. 

Could survive without Todibo as Burn would become CB again 

12 minutes ago, Ikon said:

How much has Livramento played as a LB? 

11 minutes ago, STM said:

It's a good question. Heard various conflicting things....

10 minutes ago, buzz said:

Don't think he ever has 

N-O in 3 posts

1 minute ago, Barnes23 said:

Will be interesting to see what kind of profile we target at CB if that's true. Would prefer a Botman style signing to someone like Andersen

In what respect? Anderson is basically a right sided Botman.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

In what respect? Anderson is basically a right sided Botman.

surely we’d want another Schar given his long range passing created us quite a few goals last season. Not that I expect there’s many of those around that we could afford. 

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

surely we’d want another Schar given his long range passing created us quite a few goals last season. Not that I expect there’s many of those around that we could afford. 

Andersen is as close to Schar as you are going to get