NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Phillips on loan would be the perfect signing for all concerned. The most important thing would be that he would allow us to rest Bruno which is impossible to do at the minute without vastly diminishing our chances of winning.

For him and City we're probably the best shop window that'll be available for him given we should hopefully be featuring in high profile fixtures and he'll feature regularly.

Edited by jackflap

6 minutes ago, jackflap said:

Phillips on loan would be the perfect signing for all concerned. The most important thing would be that he would allow us to rest Bruno which is impossible to do at the minute without vastly diminishing our chances of winning.

For him and City we're probably the best shop window that'll be available for him given we should hopefully be featuring in high profile fixtures and he'll feature regularly.

My guess - and of course I could be completely wrong - is that if we went for Kalvin Phillips on loan there will be a transfer clause in the contract.  I don’t get the impression that Howe is the stop-gap short-term fix type

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

My guess - and of course I could be completely wrong - is that if we went for Kalvin Phillips on loan there will be a transfer clause in the contract.  I don’t get the impression that Howe is the stop-gap short-term fix type

Chris wood ?

I’d be happy if Philips is brought into squad fairly early on in January. I think he can add something to the midfield and could get up to speed quickly.

I really don’t think Man City are concerned about who they sell players to in the Premier League just as long as they’re getting the most value for themselves. I mean look at what they did with Jesus and Zinchenko last season, if it makes sense commercially then they will do it

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

25m for Murphy would be a great fee.

Yeah just looked he's 28 but you lose the willingness to just be part of the squad whether he's playing or not. That puts his price higher in my book plus he's a great character. 

Edited by andycap

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

Yeah just looked he's 28 but you lose the willingness to just be part of the squad whether he's playing or not. That puts his price higher in my book plus he's a great character. 

If we want to compete with City etc we can't carry the likes of Murphy. He's not good enough. 

Just now, The Butcher said:

If we want to compete with City etc we can't carry the likes of Murphy. He's not good enough. 

I disagree he's a good bench player that'll play anywhere for us. I'd get rid of a few before even contemplating him leaving. 

25 mill for Jacob Murphy. I just can’t wrap my head around that at all. I can’t see him doing well in other set ups tbh. Eddie has elevated him way beyond his ability.

Edit - and I would still be sad to see him go

Edited by AJ9

If be very happy with him as the 25th man in the squad for the foreseeable future but if we can get 20m+ for him then I think it makes a lot of sense as it opens up a lot of FFP wiggle room.

Have kind of had it in the back of my mind that there'd be an unpopular sale next summer to help with FFP. Kind of thought it might be Willock or Joelinton so if we can move on Murphy instead that seems like a win.

Would still be sad to see him go though.

4 minutes ago, Shak said:

If be very happy with him as the 25th man in the squad for the foreseeable future but if we can get 20m+ for him then I think it makes a lot of sense as it opens up a lot of FFP wiggle room.

Have kind of had it in the back of my mind that there'd be an unpopular sale next summer to help with FFP. Kind of thought it might be Willock or Joelinton so if we can move on Murphy instead that seems like a win.

Would still be sad to see him go though.

Joelinton Willock? Fucking hell surely it'll be miggy. 

If we can get close to 20m then it’s an absolute no brainier. Would be sad to see him go but this will happen with quite a few players in the coming windows. How much would 15-20m help us when it comes to FFP? I’d be very happy with 18m+. 

If I think of players I really wouldn't sell off the top of my head, it'd be Bruno, Isak, Joelinton, Botman, Trippier (as I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in a boot room here at some point). Gordon and Livramento coming up on the rails into that category.

Plenty of others I'd be really gutted about, which is such a turnaround in how I feel about this squad from 2 years ago, but would just about take it if was to fund an upgrade.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He isn’t. He said so himself.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Chris wood ?

EH didn’t want to sell him. Club did to help with FFP and it was a great deal for us.