NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Diame was poor before Lascelles punched him into becoming worth the £24m we paid for him. Was literally one of the best technical CMs in the league in 2017/18, then was statistically one of the best tacklers the season following. That version of Mo would be a more than canny option in this squad. 

A quick look suggests he's still playing so it might not be the worst £40million we'd ever spend.

6 hours ago, Novocastrian said:

Circa 150-180m. No chance. Much better value abroad.

This.  With our FFP limitations I wouldn't even be thinking about buying from England.  Bruno was £35m or so, Conor Gallagher is being touted around for £50m, it's a huge ripoff buying from PL clubs, I don't know why we do.

6 hours ago, Kilcline said:

Any chance there's a few quid available by selling some of the loan lads? Saw some report we're terminating Hayden's loan at Liege because there's Champo clubs after him. Not sure what the terms are of Fraser's loan?

Clutching and not going to be big money but if it unlocks a small release clause or loan fee etc it could make a difference

Jamal Lewis is probably the only one you’d get much more than a pittance for, and even then he’s only got 18 months left on his contract.

Probably the main benefit to shifting him, Fraser or Hayden would be getting rid of their wages.

7 minutes ago, loki679 said:

This.  With our FFP limitations I wouldn't even be thinking about buying from England.  Bruno was £35m or so, Conor Gallagher is being touted around for £50m, it's a huge ripoff buying from PL clubs, I don't know why we do.

Only positive is PL players are a slightly safer bet. However our signings from abroad are some of our top players, so we're clearly good at scouting them.

8 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Diame was poor before Lascelles punched him into becoming worth the £24m we paid for him. Was literally one of the best technical CMs in the league in 2017/18, then was statistically one of the best tacklers the season following. That version of Mo would be a more than canny option in this squad. 

A quick look suggests he's still playing so it might not be the worst £40million we'd ever spend.

£24 million? ? I thought it was about £5-6? 

7 minutes ago, duo said:

Is he as good as his brother? 

No. Got some talent but several levels below Miley, so no idea why we'd look there.

Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher.  Please not Gallagher. 

He’s a Howe player in terms of how he never stops working and he does the dirty stuff well. Receives the ball and shields it fairly well too but I just find him very limited in terms of going forward. We’re crying out for players who are either very good technically in holding onto the ball or very good creatively in terms of ball delivery. Don’t think he’s close to either of those things 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

He’s a Howe player in terms of how he never stops working and he does the dirty stuff well. Receives the ball and shields it fairly well too but I just find him very limited in terms of going forward. We’re crying out for players who are either very good technically in holding onto the ball or very good creatively in terms of ball delivery. Don’t think he’s close to either of those things 

We took the piss when one of the no-marks we had in charge way back when said we need to 'run faster, jump higher'.

Intensity is all very well but you need some craft to go with it.

Edited by loki679

24 minutes ago, loki679 said:

We took the piss when one of the no-marks we had in charge way back when said we need to 'run faster, jump higher'.

Intensity is all very well but you need some craft to go with it.

I THREW IT ON THE GROUUUND