NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

14 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Bringing in Thuram would give us 6 quality players for 3 positions. I’m all for it, but doubt that’s the route we’ll go given the other priorities. 

Pretty sure it's just agent posturing to get Liverpool to pull their finger out and get the deal done. Likewise Reiss Nelson, more than likely a "pay me a bit more or I'm off" plea. Maybe Arsenal call his bluff.

I don't even see us signing another CM now. We've got:

Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton, Longstaff, Willock and Anderson who will stay for homegrown purposes (and who looked good at the back end of the season).

We need a quality winger or wide forward, preferably someone who can play in a couple of positions.

After that we need depth in defence, in the form of a LB or RCB.

FWIW, we won't be strict in the positions we sign. If there isn't a left back available, for example, we won't sign one. We won't spend money on someone unless we are convinced the standard is good enough.

It seems like value for money on quality players is our ethos. If someone like Raphinha comes available, for a fee we deem acceptable, we will do it, no amount of FFP restrictions will get in the way.

5 minutes ago, jackflap said:

Sancho be worth a punt?

Would be a great signing. Put him back on the right wing where he belongs, let Eddie work his magic.

“but his waaaaages”

2 hours ago, sempuki said:

I would love for this to happen besides the obvious reason. He is considered one of the up and coming attacking midfielders in Denmark with a load of potential, maybe not Christian Eriksen level, but still a huge amount 

He looks great - never heard of him.

Kinda shows that there is so much talent out there... and with Howes coaching, we could pick up some great talent rather than throw it all on one.

Still excited to see where we go. I'm pretty sure we will still have at least another 3 come in after Sandro!

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Joelinton lacks guile and finishing ability at LW to be considered an A at LW.  

Botman is probably better in the air than Schar defensively. But has a lot of the same weaknesses and strengths. Composed, reads it well, good on the ball, can be aggressive, good concentration. Struggles against pace, not an attacking threat aerially. And Botman has had Burn in close proximity all season. Schar is left far more exposed. 

It's a difficult one. He does lack guile and finishing ability, but then you could argue he more than makes up for that with his sheer dominance and presence on the pitch. Ultimately I have to agree, I think while he's almost two players in one, he's not outstanding in one single area of the pitch like Isak or Bruno.

4 hours ago, Nowhere Man said:

Mate at work reckons Joshua Kimmich is incoming. Thinks he’s an ITK. 

He did get Isak right like 🫣 

I’d say bullshit. 

Would be lying if I said I knew anything really about him but does he play right centre back for Bayern? They are buying that Korean centre back from Napoli he plays on the right 🤔

2 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

Would be lying if I said I knew anything really about him but does he play right centre back for Bayern? They are buying that Korean centre back from Napoli he plays on the right 🤔

He plays CDM largely, RB sometimes but can fill in at CB if needed

Edited by Jack27

4 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

DM in a double pivot.