NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Wat, surely no chance of a bid that high unless we’ve locked up some player sales 

We've just agreed a deal with the man city ffp lawyers

Edited by jack j

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Wat, surely no chance of a bid that high unless we’ve locked up some player sales 

Might explain the tardiness over Barnes, that is if a better option (probably involving the sale of Maxi) is now in reach. 

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

If we’re selling Maxi, it’s possible Ffp-wise. Whether he’s willing to come here is a different matter altogether.

Think he’s a bit far out of our league currently tbh.

What's the possibility of our out of favour players leaving on loan to Saudi at the end of the window to negate the wages from the accounts. If we cant get a fee the least we can do is remove the wages. What's the deal regarding transfer windows in Saudi?

Just now, Cristov said:

What's the possibility of our out of favour players leaving on loan to Saudi at the end of the window to negate the wages from the accounts. If we cant get a fee the least we can do is remove the wages. What's the deal regarding transfer windows in Saudi?

That would be class but shit from an optics perspective…unless others did the same as filler for the league teams.

15 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

That would be class but shit from an optics perspective…unless others did the same as filler for the league teams.

why? If it’s loans without a fee that allows players to play then it would be pretty shitty for people to kick up a fuss. Any benefit on wages is chicken feed in the grander scale of things (although helpful to us in the short term)

3 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

why? If it’s loans without a fee that allows players to play then it would be pretty shitty for people to kick up a fuss. Any benefit on wages is chicken feed in the grander scale of things (although helpful to us in the short term)

If we’re doing anything that involves Saudi that other clubs aren’t doing, it doesn’t really need explaining why it’s a bad look.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

If we’re doing anything that involves Saudi that other clubs aren’t doing, it doesn’t really need explaining why it’s a bad look.

Not if there is no/minimal gain to us but gives players game time.

It’s less of an issue than multi club ownership where players are farmed out to 

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Exactly. We’ve got Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City in a position where they look hypocritical now if they bleat on about overinflated Saudi fees. Take a few high earners from Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd and we can dump the dross on Saudi clubs without any recourse.

1 hour ago, gdm said:

If we actually got him I think I’d be able to power St James’ for the season by the friction of me trying to pull myself to the moon. 

Edit: New moon wanker

Edited by Charlies

2 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Worth a watch.

Man ... he looks incredibly impressive in these clips. Freakishly athletic, tough uncompromising defending and really comfortable on the ball.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Man ... he looks incredibly impressive in these clips. Freakishly athletic, tough uncompromising defending and really comfortable on the ball.

That’s what YouTube videos are designed to do. They don’t show the bad bits. 

3 hours ago, Cronky said:

I don't know about this. North American sports operate within closed shops - you don't get a Bournemouth rising through the leagues and automatically displacing another team when they get to a certain position. They also don't have to face competition from other countries, where a Real Madrid can pay much higher salaries and take away the best players.

If you were starting off with a blank sheet, I could maybe see how it would work, but I don't think it would suit our current situation of large inequality but large mobility.

There was a salary cap and retain and transfer system until the sixties. Since then, there has been a growth in inequality, which FFP has been brought in to redress. The plus point of the overall development is that the quality of the product is far more entertaining than it was.

FFP is govern by UEFA, which would mean Real Madrid would be under the same rule , they still can pay as much as they like with transfer/salary cap, just that they will require to pay additional tax once exceed the cap, and it'll grant other teams extra income when they do so instead of however they wish to spend now

Edited by teohgk