NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

11 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Not sure I buy this mind. 

Admittedly it seems very high for Targett, but all the reputable salary sites (which granted should never be taken as gospel) are reporting around the 100k mark.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Admittedly it seems very high for Targett, but all the reputable salary sites (which granted should never be taken as gospel) are reporting around the 100k mark.

Yeah I’ve seen these sites touting these figures as well. I just don’t buy it, we weren’t overly keen to buy him at the time so I’m not sure we would have put him amongst our top earners. 

1 minute ago, BeloEmre said:

Why would we pay Matt Targett £100,000 a week? Seems totally unrealistic.

He’ll of been on a decent whack at Villa as they’ve signed him from another PL club in Southampton.

It’s a kind of assumed that if you move between PL clubs you get a pay rise, and he’s had two moves.

Don’t disagree that 100k seems very high, but if it’s accurate, that’ll be the reason why.

Not to forget when we initially signed Targett on loan (assume salary stays same when made permanent) we were pretty desperate, so I can totally believe us giving out 100k salaries at that time. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Might be one for the Twitter thread.

Hope it's bollocks. Was bemused by the money people were bidding for him last summer and he was even worse than expected when you watch him closely at Chelsea.