NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don't think Anderson and Longstaff are purples, neither is Miley. They've done a good job though. 

PS Can we please stop saying purples :lol:

Agree, even though I'm a big fan, Willock isn't a purple* either.

*soz.

1 hour ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

His previous injury was his hamstring, his current injury is his Achilles. Howe has also already said it’s not expected to be long term

Didn’t he do hamstring and then Achilles Which delayed his return to fitness and had a reoccurrence of the Achilles injury once fit and playing again?  

Saw one of those listsicles ranking Chelsea transfers since Boehly took over and was amazed the money they’ve wasted. Thought I’d try doing one for Howe.

Highly subjective. Keep changing the criteria between contribution and potential payoff. Ultimately just my feeling about them at a minute. Not a bad transfer in the bunch (And yeah, I do think that Wood was a good transfer— both the acquisition and the sale)

1. Trippier
  2. Guimaraeres
  3. Isak
  4. Gordon
  5. Livramento
  6. Botman
  7. Pope
  8. Barnes
  9. Tonali 
  10. Burn 
  11. Hall
  12. Minteh 
  13. Wood
  14. Kuol
  15. Ashby
  16. Targett
  17. Karius 
  18. Diallo

13 hours ago, Shak said:

He'd be ideal for me.

From what I've read it seems he's an absolutely wonderful fit in terms of his personality, too.

Oshimen is also one who I'd be willing to let Wilson leave to bring him in. Having Isak, Oshimen and a young back up would be perfect. Plus Gordon as 4th choice.

Pretty much guaranteed to be a success unlike some other strikers we've been linked with so I wouldn't be as concerned if I meant Wilson would need/want to leave.

11 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Saw one of those listsicles ranking Chelsea transfers since Boehly took over and was amazed the money they’ve wasted. Thought I’d try doing one for Howe.

Highly subjective. Keep changing the criteria between contribution and potential payoff. Ultimately just my feeling about them at a minute. Not a bad transfer in the bunch (And yeah, I do think that Wood was a good transfer— both the acquisition and the sale)

1. Trippier
  2. Guimaraeres
  3. Isak
  4. Gordon
  5. Livramento
  6. Botman
  7. Pope
  8. Barnes
  9. Tonali 
  10. Burn 
  11. Hall
  12. Minteh 
  13. Wood
  14. Kuol
  15. Ashby
  16. Targett
  17. Karius 
  18. Diallo

Fuck it I'll do the same, but based on what we've seen and their contribution over their time here.

1. Trippier

2. Bruno G

3. Botman

4. Isak

5. Pope

6. Burn

7. Gordon

8. Livramento

9. Wood

10. Targett (Including the loan spell)

11. Tonali

12. Barnes

13. Hall

14. Marius

15. Minteh

16. Kuol

17. Ashby

18. Diallo

11 hours ago, CPL said:

Burn above Barnes and Tonali. Tonali probably should be lower down based on current status. 

Depends on his weighting between "contribution and potential payoff". Presumably he's going more for the latter which is why Wood (who scored some crucial goals) is behind Hall (who is still very much a project and at best 3rd choice LB) and Minteh (who hasn't played for us at all)

Edited by Keegans Export

12 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

1. Trippier
  2. Guimaraeres
  3. Isak
  4. Gordon
  5. Livramento
  6. Botman
  7. Pope
  8. Barnes
  9. Tonali 
  10. Burn 
  11. Hall
  12. Minteh 
  13. Wood
  14. Kuol
  15. Ashby
  16. Targett
  17. Karius 
  18. Diallo

It's a subjective list, so can't really say you're wrong, but I don't understand how you can have Targett, whom despite of injury problems was an integral part of turning our season around when Howe first arrived, behind Ashby and Kuol who has done nothing to date here nor really anything of note at the clubs they've been on loan at that would indicate that they can be future players here.

From my personal preference I'd have Burn ahead of Tonali and Barnes and Botman ahead of Livramento. Other than that difficult to disagree with anything else.

11 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Osimhen is another who will cost £100m+ and have multiple suitors. We aren’t in that race, surely.

It's fantasy island stuff so I wouldn't take it too seriously.